Vandagyre Day Roundup

To celebrate this past weekend's Vandagyre Day today, there's a new colour available:

Plushie

A new set of librarian themed clothes are also now available:

It's a shame they didn't go with the cool pirate concept or the requested maraquans from the Neoboards.
by herdy on November 14, 2022 11:50 AM NST JN Staff

I don't think it's a shame. I really like this new color.
by potential_ruler on November 14, 2022 11:55 AM NST

Probably because I love them IRL too, but I just love almost every plushie Neopet, so I'm won over by this look, not as good as toy but pretty darn cute.
by kaimactrash on November 14, 2022 11:55 AM NST

Not a fan of this one.

The outfit is nice though!
by _rodeo_ on November 14, 2022 12:05 PM NST

Both are good but I think the skirt would be better w/o the books
by echoeternal on November 14, 2022 12:10 PM NST

I LOVE THIS COLOUR!!! I will be getting one.
by ilovedachshunds on November 14, 2022 1:08 PM NST

Ugh, that does not say Plushie to me, not at all sure what it *does* say.

I do like the Steampunk sort of Librarian outfit though.
by contessa on November 14, 2022 1:09 PM NST

It's always nice to have new Vandagyre colors, but I'm probably not going to go for this one. More than anything for me, I think it's the color combinatio, particularly that shade of purple, green and yellow.

I do like some of the outfit pieces, although I don't see myself using the skirt or hat.
by mavegibson on November 14, 2022 1:27 PM NST

OMG both this colour and the outfit are tempting me very strongly towards a Vandagyre
by surferboard_girl on November 14, 2022 1:28 PM NST

YO that outfit is A+. I want it. Will have to wait for deflation...
by kyrette on November 14, 2022 2:35 PM NST

🔥 Take: This is the ugliest Plushie colour released among all 55 species.
by dave on November 14, 2022 3:16 PM NST JN Staff

The Plushie?...Um...NO!...Ewww!!!

Librarian outfit is nice. I'd buy it. That being said... it doesn't remind me of a Librarian.
by sycatt on November 14, 2022 3:52 PM NST

@contessa What it does look like instead of plushie is like an injection molded plastic toy that is poorly painted/machine painted. The kind of toy that you might find in a boxed fast food meal intended for children.
by solsticesprite on November 14, 2022 4:09 PM NST

Wow! There is a lot going on with that plushie. I'm a less is more kinda person.
by marfbear on November 14, 2022 4:39 PM NST

I like the colors for plushie but I feel like they tried to do a bit too much with it, very fun outfit I like the color scheme a lot
by runie on November 14, 2022 5:40 PM NST

THAT is their idea of a plushie?? They could have gone with a kidcore or tropical bird type look but it seems they are trying to do a combination of both... very, VERY badly.

Kidcore plushie would be cool on its own, even though that aesthetic isn't really my thing even when not butchered this way. I guess that's me thinking of what-ifs.
by catriki on November 14, 2022 6:35 PM NST

To me, it looks like a very intricately designed plushie. I see yarn/fluff puffs for ears, embroidery on the chest and right arm, fabric trim for the feathers on the arms, two patches, a lot of stitching, and a knit/crochet tail.
by ilovedachshunds on November 14, 2022 9:44 PM NST

This is definitely the ugliest plushie color out there!
by zebshep on November 14, 2022 9:48 PM NST

so disappointed that they did not get the maraquan vanda that someone drew...it is gorgeous
by jcdiva7 on November 14, 2022 10:57 PM NST

The plushie is cute! The outfit is pretty nice.
But what I really wish they'd do for Vandagyre day is slowly but surely make some old wearables retroactively wearable for them. There is so much they can't wear and it's sad.
by biediep on November 14, 2022 11:40 PM NST

Colour is a bit all over the place, but it does look huggable. The outfits are nice too, especially the librarian's hat and glasses. Nice that they are separated.
by apophis324 on November 15, 2022 12:29 AM NST

i like the plushie i just wish it didn't have those fuzzy earballs.
by inkpot on November 15, 2022 12:39 AM NST

I feel like they drew inspiration from Doodle Bears for this color. For those who don't remember Doodle Bears, they were plush bears you could draw on back in the 90s/00s.
by jersharocks on November 15, 2022 10:37 AM NST

I like the Vanda color, I LOVE that outfit!! Really well done.
by katina_choovanski on November 15, 2022 9:31 PM NST

I absolutely love the plushie color!! definitely one of my favorites
by antimattersofa on November 16, 2022 7:48 PM NST

I'm surprised that people think this is the ugliest plushie pet. It's actually quite a nice design. But they went too far overboard with it. They have a lot of different shapes, a lot of different textures, a lot of different colors. It's too much.

I'm sure Tim Gunn would say the same thing. "It's too much!"

They should have picked a couple of things to do a lot of, and then toned down the rest to give it harmony. For example, the textures and shapes staying the same, but the colors being more uniform and muted would have made this pet look AMAZING.
by mavegibson on November 19, 2022 10:40 PM NST

I also agree that the yarn tuft ears are all wrong. They should be the same texture as the rest of the 'feathers' - those sort of scalloped felt shapes. It would have pulled the whole thing together.
by mavegibson on November 19, 2022 11:01 PM NST