Pteri Day Roundup

It's Pteri Day! Fans of colour and glass can now zap their Pteris in search of this newly-released design:

Mosaic

Does your bird like bird watching? Get them an outfit to match their hobby!

That's a weird Meerca
by maknaetani on November 8, 2022 10:48 AM NST

It only looks weird because it hatched...
by inverted_destiny on November 8, 2022 10:52 AM NST

"Meerca Day"

That bird watching outfit is super funny though.
by lasergu on November 8, 2022 11:17 AM NST

My favorite Meerca color is Macaw
by problematicperiplum on November 8, 2022 11:40 AM NST

Well, it's not the rainbow pteri redesign, but I guess I'll take it. It's a bit messy though.
by kyrette on November 8, 2022 12:00 PM NST

I don't like this theme of outfits that cover the entire body of your pet. Like pteri's already have a face and wings so why do their clothes come with a new set? The vest could be cute with an existing custom, but now it'll completely change the wings to blue despite whatever pb you paid millions for.
by potential_ruler on November 8, 2022 12:27 PM NST

The Mosaic looks a bit like a stained glass window to me. I don't hate it (but I would have liked it better if the eye had been a single piece).

Is there a reason this particular Pteri Ornithologist has to be blue? And what's with the hyper realistic shading on the feathers again? I mean, it's probably based on an existing bird (like a jay or something).. but I just don't like it. As potential_ruler said, the vest looks nice but the wings on it shouldn't be there by default. And I don't like the binoculars' colour either. I've never seen turquoise binoculars..
by apophis324 on November 8, 2022 12:39 PM NST

Oh and.. it's not even holding that camera. It's just hovering there.. where the wing is..
by apophis324 on November 8, 2022 12:40 PM NST

I dont like Pteris in general but have to say this color is really great! TNT has done a great job with some of the recent colors- Origami korbat was a real win too.
by onewinginthefire on November 8, 2022 12:42 PM NST

I really like the outfit, but the camera could've been done a lot better; it's very awkward.
by fatfurball on November 8, 2022 12:49 PM NST

Disappointed that the blue color in the outfit is attached to clothes. Would be cool if it was some kind of separate body paint or something.
by biediep on November 8, 2022 1:13 PM NST

Two thumbs down on this Meera Day! Oops I mean Meerca Day. Nope, oops I mean Petri Day. Oh wait, that's been fixed now too - it is Pteri Day! (And still two thumbs down.)
by quailbat on November 8, 2022 2:22 PM NST JN Staff

They put a lot of effort into the outfit.
Again it is like an entirely new color... I think ppl are being a little too harsh on it.
I don't think the camera placement is weird, I think that's just the fault of the pteri itself; where else would you move the camera to? Nudging it down and around and it would still look weird because the grasp of the wing is awkward itself.
I do think it should have been a type of body paint though. Putting as much effort into the body color they might as well have so it would be more versatile. Would have been more popular then.
by inkpot on November 8, 2022 5:19 PM NST

@inkpot: They *could* have set the camera on a tripod of some kind. As if an ornithologist would be holding their camera. At least, that is what I think.
by apophis324 on November 8, 2022 11:40 PM NST

I love the outfit though mostly because it looks like a blue jay.
by orangeblossom45 on November 8, 2022 11:45 PM NST