Peophin Day Roundup

For Peophin Day, a new colour is available (watch for drips):

Custard

And a Cowhand-themed outfit is available and active:

Absolutely awful.

Should have been Chanty's Peophin, that's the one everyone wanted.
by fluffymcgerbilpants on July 26, 2022 3:22 PM NST

Mustard*
by ziporen on July 26, 2022 3:23 PM NST

I love the custard, underrated colour! Anything drippy looks great on an aquatic neopet like a peophin and the shading has a cool texture Very very cute outfit too.
by karen_mckenzie on July 26, 2022 3:28 PM NST

For colors like custard and sponge, it seems like people would be happier to get two minor colors on the same day if they aren't getting one major (candy, maraqua, etc.)
by nugget on July 26, 2022 3:34 PM NST

Not a fan... if they weren't gonna use the custard revamps from Chanty's at least the old custard pets had more of a nice cream/tan base colour instead of snot yellow
by sketch on July 26, 2022 4:25 PM NST

Tiffany drew the Custard revamps:

~Crownes

Chanty drew the Maraqua Peophin:

~Renpi
by 1jediboy on July 26, 2022 4:43 PM NST

I just feel like the custard is off, the color is weird and the shading seems weird.
by twocue on July 26, 2022 5:43 PM NST

They could've made it any other color than... That. Disgusting.
by problematicperiplum on July 26, 2022 6:35 PM NST

Bleh
by marfbear on July 26, 2022 8:45 PM NST

look... i absolutely adore custard pets.
but that custard? that's mustard (thx ziporan).

at least the outfit is cute.
by inkpot on July 26, 2022 9:18 PM NST

I agree that that doesn't look very much like custard (initially I literally thought it was Snot, but mustard is a much more apt comparison). And they didn't even fully commit to the concept, leaving the Peo's hooves un-custardified! If they're gonna commit to something like that, I'd _much_ rather they go all in on the concept. The design feels a little half-baked to me tbh.

As for the outift, I really wish they had made the rope a separate clothing item from the pants, possibly as a Belt item, or as a Right-hand item (it's in the same spot as a number of other items in that zone end up on a Peophin, so they could have made it work). What if someone wants to give their Peophin some nice jeans without the lasso? I know I, for one, do
by clock_flower on July 26, 2022 10:31 PM NST

conversely, what if someone wants to give their Peophin a lasso on their belt without the pants? Making them two separate items would greatly increase the customization potential
by clock_flower on July 26, 2022 10:33 PM NST

That's not Custard. That's what just appeared in my handkerchief after I blew my nose in it. 100% yuck. It's the wrong shade of yellow!

And that hat. Don't get me started on that hat. I know it's hard to angle things properly sometimes, but this doesn't seem to follow the Peophin's head..
by apophis324 on July 26, 2022 11:43 PM NST

I wanted the MQ Peo so bad that I would've been disappointed even if it was some other gorgeous color. But this? What the heck is this?! Eww.
by biediep on July 27, 2022 1:07 AM NST

Ok I just checked out the "custard revamps" on ~Crownes, I was not familiar with them but holy dung ._. Those are gorgeous!
And then TNT dare to release this disaster, lmao...

Maybe they intentionally released a terrible one so they can do a revamp of all of them and pretend it was their own idea after the backlash this one caused? If only. We're probably stuck with this thing, lol.
by biediep on July 27, 2022 1:12 AM NST

I agree this is mustard instead of custard.

I guess we just have to power thru bad colours some point (tbh no one really cares for custard pets, not even ones that are well made)
by ducky on July 27, 2022 6:37 AM NST JN Staff

I was about to say I do, but the pun of 'nobody likes custard pets' hit me.

This, why, tho.
by nobody on July 27, 2022 10:14 AM NST

There's a board in support of Tiffany's custard peo revamp on ~crownes that looks so much better, please give it some love
by stracer on July 27, 2022 1:21 PM NST

Kinda wish they’d made the mane more brown so it would look like a flan.
by cat on July 27, 2022 6:41 PM NST

This was a decision. I hadn't seen Tiffany's redraws and those are AMAZING! :o
by surferboard_girl on July 27, 2022 8:46 PM NST

Most of Tiffany's concepts are for pets that don't have Custard yet, since she doesn't want to step on the toes of those who already have existing ones. The Peo is the first redraw that she has done, only because of the mostly negative reaction to the current one and the recency. (And some encouragement by folks on the boards.)
by ziporen on July 27, 2022 9:43 PM NST

@cat
Flan. Brilliant.
by roshchodesh on July 28, 2022 7:03 AM NST

Flan-tastic! 😋
by 1jediboy on July 28, 2022 6:22 PM NST

This peo makes me feel gross
by asterick on July 28, 2022 7:25 PM NST

It is custard, for sure. Unrefrigerated, spoiled custard.

We already have dung and swamp gas. Who needs another odorous Pet color?
by breezydreams on July 30, 2022 4:53 AM NST