Koi Day Roundup

You may have seen Koi Day news up on the New Features briefly on Monday by accident. Well now, on actual Koi Day, they are now all properly released!

Maraquan

This is yet another Maraquan colour inspired by the work of Neopets user chantili_doce!

A King Kelpbeard themed outfit is also now available:

I didn't notice before that the outfit is basically the Royal Boy Koi clothing. This is a bit nicer.
by purplebin on May 25, 2022 2:37 PM NST

Loving the Maraquan Koi, so glad they've been taking user suggestions/artwork lately as the community is so creative and talented! Very lovely, definitely going to be zapping a pet of mine in hopes of her turning into one of these lovely fish c:
by biediep on May 25, 2022 2:39 PM NST

by chanty on May 25, 2022 2:43 PM NST

It's so beautiful!
by insane000illusions on May 25, 2022 2:58 PM NST

She's is beautiful just wish for a different color combination
by moonlightwitch on May 25, 2022 3:10 PM NST

Kind of wish they chose one of the black and white lionfish (or at least dark red and white), but this isn't bad (btw, yes, there are red & orange lionfish, they're literally called "red lionfish".
by pikachu315111 on May 25, 2022 3:23 PM NST

Chanty's Lion-fish Koi! โค๏ธ๐Ÿงกโค๏ธ๐Ÿงกโค๏ธ๐Ÿงก

Stunning!
Vibrant!
Lovable!

I'm so glad that it's canon now!

Here's hoping that the Quiggle and Nimmo are next! ๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘๐Ÿ‘
by 1jediboy on May 25, 2022 3:57 PM NST

OMG this Koi is STUNNING! Honestly, they should just see about hiring Chanty to do their artwork since her work is consistently so good. This is seriously making me consider a Maraquan Koi...
by surferboard_girl on May 25, 2022 4:15 PM NST

They got a lot of maraquan demand for next month.
by orangeblossom45 on May 25, 2022 7:23 PM NST

i think the idea and the pose is nice but this looks too out of place next to other neopets imo... maybe it is the black outlines but this piece just seems very "fanart" to me. i have not seen the original art this comes from so i don't know what--if any--changes were made.
by inkpot on May 25, 2022 10:02 PM NST

Hmm. The Maraquan Koi is pretty, but some things about it seem off to me. I think the mohawk-fin-part looks too large and the whisker-like protrusions too small. And maybe a bit too busy in colour overall.. But very pretty and congrats to the original artist for getting their pet-design in the actual game!

The outfit is meh. Doesn't fit a Koi at all. Need a larger body for that. Why is that trident so tiny? Is it a fork?
by apophis324 on May 26, 2022 12:14 AM NST

Oh and the crown doesn't even fit the fin. That is just hideous..
by apophis324 on May 26, 2022 12:14 AM NST

I think it looks wonderful. Hopefully no one complains about it on the board about it not being koi enough and get it revamped to an uglier version of the art.
by bikkle on May 26, 2022 4:04 AM NST

I really like the look of the maraquan Koi. Both the design and the colour scheme are nice.

Here's hoping they produce something equally nice for Yurble day.
by recklesse on May 26, 2022 10:51 AM NST

Hopefully no one complains about it on the board about it not being koi enough
Nothing to complain because it looks like Neopets koi.

Unlike that random dino they tried to pass as "chomby"

This is really nice, doesn't give me wow effect, I think I am not just fond of colours.

Outfit is strange because... like someone pointed out, RB Koi is pretty much that.
by ducky on May 26, 2022 11:12 AM NST JN Staff

chantili_doce 's lookup on Neo is the most lovely I've ever seen. They are an amazing artist!
by beffy on May 26, 2022 2:49 PM NST

Oh my gosh I love it. Add that to the list.. *sigh*
by antimattersofa on May 27, 2022 3:27 PM NST

As much as I like the design, the eyes don't match D:
by nacbokmagi on May 27, 2022 3:47 PM NST

I can finally turn my pet pterois into a lionfish.
by cat on June 1, 2022 2:12 PM NST