Chia Day Roundup

To celebrate Chia Day, a new colour is now active:

Coconut

This is an old unreleased fruit Chia colour, that has finally been made active! At the moment it appears there is no new special Magical Chia Pop to make one, making it similar to the Coconut JubJub in being primarily lab obtained.

A new set of Hubrid Nox themed clothing is also now active!

Today's New Features contains the following message:

Shhh! The baby's sleeping... the nearly twenty-year-old baby. Keep your eyes peeled next week for an extra special bundle of Chia joy... it's gonna be a swirlwind of a weekend.

It is possible (but by no means confirmed) that this is hinting that next week might also see the release of the Juppie Swirl Chia, another previously unreleased fruit Chia colour:

that little Juppie Swirl Chia is super cute
by big_dee on February 18, 2022 2:49 PM NST

The News updated and they confirmed a Coconut Chia Pop will come later! Not just lab ray.
by pasqui on February 18, 2022 2:55 PM NST JN Staff

I like the juppie!
by novelista on February 18, 2022 3:10 PM NST

Vis-a-Vis... Like a Coconut.
by 1jediboy on February 18, 2022 3:22 PM NST

Cute! The hint is so cleverly worded that makes us hope the old Juppie colour will finally be released.

I'm sorry but I have to make an off-topic about the Neopies:
I'm very concerned about the duplicate prize from last year's event It says that people who at first received it, later got it switched for the new prize, but how about those who sold it before the switch? Do they *also* get the new prize, so they can potentially double the profit having ''earned'' two final prizes instead of one?

And how about those who bought several copies of the old plushie in the first half of the day, because its price dropped. Are they at risk of being accused of exploiting a bug of which they were actually unaware?
by rosi on February 18, 2022 3:26 PM NST

@rosi They probably could have worded it a little better, but nothing got switched. If you received the plushie as a prize, you should also have received a Neomail and be re-awarded the proper prize. So people who voted early today ended up getting two prizes, yes. Because the plushie is of relative low value, TNT is not doing anything about taking those back or anything, but it might feel a little unfair to the folks who voted after this was fixed and only got the background.
by pasqui on February 18, 2022 3:50 PM NST JN Staff

@pasqui : oh, thank you I don't know the content of the Neomail because I wasn't really talking about myself, but about my sister who can only play in the very early Neopian hours, and yes she bought some plushies from other users in addition to the one she got.
Thank you very much, I'm relieved now.
by rosi on February 18, 2022 4:48 PM NST

The editorial this week sure took a depressing turn..
by dustin on February 18, 2022 8:44 PM NST

It's sad to see Gutterfoot leave, but I appreciated the introduction of the new(ish) staff members. Good to see that some of them were players themselves!
by zeelink on February 19, 2022 12:45 AM NST

well, this is pretty cute but i still want a banana chia. someday, maybe...
by inkpot on February 19, 2022 12:51 AM NST

Aw I love that they are releasing old chia colours ! Looks amazing
by ravioliandcheddar on February 19, 2022 1:09 AM NST

Is that supposed to be Hubrid Nox? He looks more like that Chia character that shows up in S.M.E.L.T. to me... Didn't Hubrid Nox have a moustache? Or did he grow that post-mortem?
by apophis324 on February 19, 2022 3:44 AM NST

I mean, those aren't "Mickey Mouse" white shoes and the only parts of a coconut which are naturally white are internal so those things are parts of what would be it's own organs, vestigial nubs or growths formed from it's own innards from holes in the base of the shell as an anatomically limbed creature created from nothing but a coconut.

Why they would give it shell arms but white legs is a design detail that nobody will care about but is also what keeps me up at night.
by shia on February 19, 2022 3:54 AM NST

They're not shoes or legs. It's a coconut stand, in classic beige to suit every decor. Nope to all vestigial nubs, organs or innards protruding from orifices on that thing.
by sacanth on February 19, 2022 4:59 AM NST

Cute!! Glad they're finally releasing these
by go_me_123_ on February 19, 2022 2:52 PM NST

Why is the Chia model for the Hubrid Nox clothes this unique teal color and not, you know, BLUE like Hubrid Nox? Even having it painted Ghost would make more sense.
by pikachu315111 on February 19, 2022 4:58 PM NST

@ dustin & zeelink:
Wha? Gutterfoot is leaving?! Well there goes one of the few members of TNT who actually interacted with us players. I hope success for them in the future endeavors, hopefully there will be someone else in TNT (maybe some from the newcomers) who are willing to step up to the plate.
by pikachu315111 on February 19, 2022 5:04 PM NST

I wonder what caused TNT to kick out Gutterfoot though.. From what they wrote in the editorial I get the sense that it wasn't a voluntary decision.. Oh well.. at least we can always hug the Gutterfoot plushie ^^
by apophis324 on February 21, 2022 12:14 AM NST