Flash-Free Wearable Previews
Posted by Dave on February 9, 2021, 1:26 pm NST
As promised, our updated Flash-free wearable Previews
section is now up and running!
You may notice a few new features, notably:
- A brand new advanced search bar, modeled off of our Item Database. Search wearables by all sorts of new fields to narrow in on what you'd like to wear!
- Swap between colours on an item's preview page. Want to preview an item on a Zombie-coloured Neopet? Now you can!
- Affected and restricted zones are now listed.
- Jump quickly between an item's preview page and its info page, price history, TP history, UFT and seeking lists in the Item Database.
What's to come? Here's what we're still working on:
- Animated item previews are still a work in progress. Most items, we've found, are not animated, so you should still be able to enjoy the majority of previews.
- The ability to add an item to your Wishlist from individual preview pages.
- The ability to search by restricted zones.
- Easy modeling straight from the individual preview page.
- Special searches, and more!
And of course, our Wardrobe app itself is still a work in progress, but releasing our new Previews is a big step towards us being able to offer a Flash-free Wardrobe.
As another note, we were also able to take stock of which items and Neopets have been converted to HTML5, and which ones have not. We are happy to report that roughly 66% of items have been converted to HTML5—only about 33% of them are left for TNT to convert!
We have also found that almost every older Neopet colour combo has been converted to HTML5, however, most Neopets released from early 2020 and onward have not
been converted yet. (So for example, the Marble Draik that was released in September 2020 for Draik Day does not work in the new HTML5 customisation.)
Until all of these conversions occur, you may find that some Neopets and wearables cannot be previewed. We will be keeping a watchful eye on TNT's progress with converting the remaining wearables and Neopets and will update our previews as they do.