Gelert Day Roundup

Gelert Day is here and first species to get this brand new colour:

Oil Paint

Extra! Extra! Read all about new Gelert colour and clothing:

sketch, 03/6/2019, 9:16 am NST
Wait is there just one colour for Gelert day? Even though Mosaic was also a Gelert colour in second place that they couldn't include??

purplebin, 03/6/2019, 9:19 am NST
Just one color. And although it's showing properly in the Rainbow Pool it turns a Gelert into a cog right now.
Boo for another r90 outfit!

abc12345, 03/6/2019, 9:27 am NST
The news are still not updated.

abc12345, 03/6/2019, 9:27 am NST
I mean I know it's released, but not reflected in the news

1jediboy, 03/6/2019, 10:17 am NST
@purplebin - They should start a “designer fashion” store that sells nothing but r90 clothes! And a fashion show for Neopets who wear only r90 stuff like the Gourmet Club.

herdy - JN Staff, 03/6/2019, 10:18 am NST
News does not normally update each day until late afternoon NST, so that isn't unusual.

1jediboy, 03/6/2019, 10:18 am NST
^As long as there is no fur involved in such fashion.

nobody, 03/6/2019, 11:35 am NST
That face when you own Oilpainting. But is there a PB yet, or do I have to FFQ him?

dave - JN Staff, 03/6/2019, 11:57 am NST
@nobody We're expecting a Paint Brush, likely with today's news update.

purplebin, 03/6/2019, 12:47 pm NST
Originally my Gelert's lookup said the Oil PaintingGelert (no space). Now it has changed to Oil PaintGelert (bright green color name, still no space). Pet is still showing as a cog or not at all.

rosi, 03/6/2019, 1:13 pm NST
The new clothing set is so nice, but why are there sunglasses? Such anachronism spoilt it all

escrainus, 03/6/2019, 3:21 pm NST
Save the shoes, te outfit looks good, and those two new colors looks hard to customize.. yay

skiasma, 03/6/2019, 3:23 pm NST
Rosi, my assumption was that it was a turn of the 20th century race car driver. Back then, they wore hats like that with goggles clipped on them.

purplebin, 03/6/2019, 3:41 pm NST
I knew I didn't like the cap, but I didn't even think about the sunglasses! The outfit was originally called Victorian Gelert, but was changed to Gelert Newsboy. So those aren't meant to be goggles. Gelerts sure do get a lot of short pants.

inkpot, 03/6/2019, 4:39 pm NST
considering the fact that the mosaic gelert is already done and we'd most likely have to wait until next year for it..... idk i feel like @sketch and think they shoulda just released it.

rosi, 03/6/2019, 4:44 pm NST
Well, at least there is the cheap Brown Newsboy Hat to combine with the outfit, to pull off a genuine Late Victorian-Edwardian leisure time look. Sadly my lab pet is no longer a Gelert

reconnection, 03/6/2019, 7:33 pm NST
1. What are you even supposed to do with this color please never release it for Hissi
2. Why show Mosaic in the news like both colors were released when Mosaic doesn’t show in the rainbow pool? Or am I blind?

akiho, 03/7/2019, 2:20 am NST
I love the new outift!

inkpot, 03/7/2019, 3:42 am NST
ACTUALLY... how about they release that sweet sweet olive colored gelert model in the new features page? i'll trade mosaic for it.

purplebin, 03/7/2019, 6:07 am NST
My Gelert is still glitched this morning.
These news posts should be changed so the color has the correct name, Oil Paint.

josie, 03/7/2019, 3:44 pm NST
I really like the outfit, minus the sunglasses. The color....no, thank you.

katina_choovanski, 03/7/2019, 9:55 pm NST
Way to phone in the color--"Um...just make a gelert outline and slap a couple of swipes of color on it. Easy peasy. We'll call it 'oil painting'."

1jediboy, 03/7/2019, 10:35 pm NST
^They’ll probably make up for it when they recreate Van Gough’s “Starry Night”

purplebin, 03/8/2019, 8:13 am NST
Oil Paint, not Oil Painting! It will always look like swipes of color. The best we'll get is colors that remind us of certain paintings.
I can't imagine what is going on that my painted Gelert is still glitched. I've updated my ticket twice already with more information.

josie, 03/8/2019, 2:29 pm NST
@1jediboy - I was just thinking of that painting last night. How cool that would be if they use it! But we already got a starry color and Eventide, so they might not. Still....one can hope

1jediboy, 03/8/2019, 2:38 pm NST
👍 I’m hoping it’s for Vandagyres!

• Dreamy Faerie Dress Floral Golden Gateway Premium Collectible: Amidst the Cloverfield
  • Retro Scorchio Wig Retro Scorchio Dress Golden Wig