Usul Day Roundup

Two new colours are now active for Usul Day!

Stealthy | 8-Bit

A new clothing set, themed around Princess Zelda, is also now active:

ducky - JN Staff, 11/27/2018, 6:57 am NST
The Legend of Usul.

...WHY IT HAS TO BE USUL CLOTHING SET

eggsalad, 11/27/2018, 7:30 am NST
Is that 8-bit Usul okay?

saiphami, 11/27/2018, 7:38 am NST
oooohhh... I might need to get me an Usul

combustibles, 11/27/2018, 10:29 am NST
Thanks, I hate it. All of it.

What an ugly ripoff, I hope Nintendo sues them.

maple_snow, 11/27/2018, 11:33 am NST
^ *Yawn*...These cosplays are nothing new...Nintendo is lawsuit happy, but this is literally a non-event.

8-Bit Usul is cute. Love the colouring on the fur, but the eyes especially are cute! Stealthy Usul is well, another Stealthy pet. Lovely base colour, but not really into the clothing.

1jediboy, 11/27/2018, 12:00 pm NST
Whoa! I agree that the Usul really shouldn’t have been the Zelda cosplayer, (A Pteri probably should), but I don’t want Neopets to be SUED!

inkpot, 11/27/2018, 1:46 pm NST
i see nothing wrong with the outfit?
how is it an ugly ripoff if you haven't even seen it on a usul yet? judging by the images alone it looks well drawn... someone sounds cranky..
honestly, i love Zelda and Nintendo, so i welcome the outfit most lovingly.

the 8-bit on the other hand scares me, it's just not cute. and i really don't like that it's just a basic pose when most other 8-bits pets have a unique look.

stealthy's nice. i like it actually has an iris.

anomally, 11/27/2018, 3:18 pm NST
I'm sorry, but the head on the Stealthy Usul is just... ugly. What is it supposed to be? Part of a robot? It doesn't even look like a ninja (if that is what it's supposed to be based on the facemask part) It looks like a royal person with... some sort of decapitated robot head as their hat.

gigiamore, 11/27/2018, 6:55 pm NST
I agree with inkpot and anomally on the Usul colours. 8-Bit looks super creepy in the eyes, like it's giving you evils. That hat is just weird, don't know what they were thinking there.

The outfit is cute, I saw the wearbles preview for the dress and the front part is distorted, so it looks like some sort of sporran for a girl. They did a blatant rip off years ago of Ana and Elsa from Frozen and people still loved it. It was an NC MME too, so they were even making money on it and didn't get in trouble.

1jediboy, 11/27/2018, 7:01 pm NST
I just noticed if you graze your gaze at the eyes instead of focusing on them, the eyes looked slightly closed instead of wide open... Like she's judging us. 9~9

escrainus, 11/27/2018, 7:57 pm NST
I share the sentiment about neopets getting sued, one thing are inspired clothing like the galactic prince/princess aka BH6, and other are the blatant copies of designs they are making since a while ago.

ducky - JN Staff, 11/28/2018, 2:18 am NST
I don't see problem with clothing - except it's for usuls. I'd wanted it to species I have

mistyraider, 11/28/2018, 4:34 am NST
I like Stealthy -- dark, except for Korbats, and strange eyes. It's a little odd to add pupils to the eyes, but since I don't have an Usul I'm not too fussed.

tyuio_k50, 11/28/2018, 1:41 pm NST
Here's a picture of Zelda in Twilight Pirncess, the inspiration for the costume:

If we're going to be honest here... it's vague and clearly inspired, The patterns on the lwoer ends of the dress are similar, but not the same. Te iconic sash isn't the same. The upper part isn't the same - all just similar enough. The shoulder armor is different. Colors are more vibrant or completely changed.

Te wraps in her hair are common acrooss a few Zeldas, but not exlcusive to Zelda. The crown is different. The hair is the same color, but official artwork of this deign will occasionally make her blond as well. The gloves are generic. And... lipstick.

Three dots hint a triforce, and as before, the lower harp/bull-looking pattern is similar. Those are the strongest points.

tyuio_k50, 11/28/2018, 1:42 pm NST
Dump emoji. Escaped char version:

chanty, 11/28/2018, 2:06 pm NST
8-bit: "I've seen things..."

tyuio_k50, 11/29/2018, 10:51 am NST
Oh my, look at my comment, forget spelling

• Frostbitten Dress Christmas Couch Grand Throne with Nutcracker Guards
  • Nesh Wocky Shoes Nesh Wocky Dress Nesh Wocky Wig
  • Stocking Stufftacular 2018 Background Candychan Plushie Underground Desert Neighborhood