Grarrl Day Roundup

Grarrl Day is here with two new colours!

Candy | Custard

A new set of clothing is also now active:

herdy - JN Staff, 10/4/2018, 9:50 am NST
A.... nun set?

ducky - JN Staff, 10/4/2018, 9:52 am NST

I just kept staring it a while asking myself "srsly TNT?" before I added it.

Oh they are going to change this one.

ummy - JN Staff, 10/4/2018, 9:57 am NST
Nuns technically exist in Neopian cannon

But the outfit should be removed before people have too much fun with it

herdy - JN Staff, 10/4/2018, 10:04 am NST
I mean, that’s a step apart from this — abbess is even in the name.

purplebin, 10/4/2018, 10:37 am NST
Not just a nun, but a nun who wears lots of makeup!

Custard is a beautiful color, hardly any drips and pretty eyes. Great for customizing!

themeepit32, 10/4/2018, 12:09 pm NST
don't care for this custard pet even though I like most custard pets but this candy one reminds me of old fashioned hand made candy and that's part of why I like candy for the most part

purplebin, 10/4/2018, 12:50 pm NST
Ah, someone pointed out that the outfit looks like the one in the new movie The Nun, and that would also explain the makeup!

trista, 10/4/2018, 12:58 pm NST
Lol , TNT Watched The Nun

1jediboy, 10/4/2018, 1:02 pm NST
WHAT ARE THEY DOING?!?!
THEY CAN'T PUT THAT IN NEOPIA!!! NEOPIA HAS IT'S OWN RELIGIONS!

Doing this allows people to do whatever they wish to this image! This is wrong! Neopia is supposed to be a safe-haven free of the "Earth" problems! Free of race or religion for the equality and non-discrimination of it's users! And... seriously?! A Grarrl?!?! Possibly based off the HORROR movie?!?!?! This is downright offensive.

pikachu315111, 10/4/2018, 1:30 pm NST
Okay, being a bit more calm about this, my only issue with the "nun" outfit is the cross necklace. While the concept of a nun could be put into different context (though difficult, though many fantasy games does have a "cleric" class that is similar to a nun), the cross itself is a specific religious symbol.

purplebin, 10/4/2018, 1:50 pm NST
Okay, well, the outfit is no longer active, it can't be searched and doesn't show up in the shop wiz.

insane000illusions, 10/4/2018, 4:54 pm NST
Why is candy always such bold, loud colors. I mean I get that sometimes candy is striped and swirly but really can't there ever be a pretty base candy color.

inkpot, 10/4/2018, 6:00 pm NST
i like the nun outfit, now give me a priest outfit~

i have no quarrel with it, personally (i'm not religious though so i don't know if that makes my opinion null or not). ppl create tons of different characters for their neopets, i'm sure this'll come of use to those who have this sort of character/image for the pet. /shrug

other than that though, i really love the candy grarrl. kinda reminds me of a beach ball!

inkpot, 10/4/2018, 6:04 pm NST
- - -
huh?! i honestly hope they didn't remove it, i'm getting tired of overly sensitive ppl in social media stomping all over the smallest things; thought neo was free of that.

jawsch, 10/4/2018, 7:12 pm NST
I think they could just replace the cross with a round medallion and basically get the same effect. Crisis averted

dustin, 10/4/2018, 7:13 pm NST
I was really looking forward to the outfit Would've been fun to customize a zombie nun.

dustin, 10/4/2018, 7:21 pm NST
I wish they had uploaded a full Grarrl wearing all of it! I wanna see what it would have looked like

will - JN Staff, 10/4/2018, 7:23 pm NST
@inkpot The problem created then is that people are allowed to, and in fact supported by JS/TNT in making such characters when people who don't share that belief system are simultaneously punished for expressing that in even the slightest.

I'd hardly call creating such a disparity in the legality of self-expression "the smallest thing."

aviagua, 10/4/2018, 7:43 pm NST
I am a little surprised that it was released the way it was in the first place as I know people in the Beauty Contest get their entries removed pretty quickly for depicting religious symbols.

It'd be nice if they simply remove the symbol and release the outfit though themed as a cleric (as mentioned above by Pikachu) or a healer.

dukula, 10/4/2018, 9:02 pm NST
It AMAZES me that someone sat and drew the nun outfit and then someone (or a group of people) gave the thumbs up for it to be released on the site.
TNT have said MULTIPLE times that real world religion does not belong on the site, it's in various site event rules and it's been mentioned so many times in the editorial.

I'm glad it's been discontinued because that's just hypocritical in so many ways.
I'm an atheist so it doesn't offend me, but I 100% see why it would bother people. It also sends out the wrong message to the users (i.e. it's now okay to ignore the rules and create religious stories/art/characters).

I also don't want to see real world religion on my imaginary-pet-escape-from-the-real-world site. Seriously, who plays Neo in the hopes of seeing real world news/imagery/etc?

dukula, 10/4/2018, 9:07 pm NST

---

You must be visiting a different Neopets that I don't know about because TNT are incredibly strict about things that people upload to the site. The filters are crazy strict and any inkling of religion in comics/art/stories is a no-no.
Also, in what world do you live in where people aren't sensitive about religion? Religion is one of the biggest controversial topics on the planet and pretty much has always been...

Also, people have always been sensitive about one thing or another. If you think it was never that way, then you're deluding yourself. The only difference is people have more freedom to talk about the things that bother them these days. "Sensitive snowflakes" is an idiotic modern term but sensitive, overly sensitive or easily offended people have always existed and

inkpot, 10/4/2018, 9:36 pm NST
whew boi, dukula you need to cool your jets my man, though i suppose your overreaction here has taught me that people are indeed over-sensitive here too, thank you.
what Will said explained things perfectly enough to me -- without being hostile -- but thanks for going overboard as if i personally attacked you, i forgot how crazy riled some ppl can get on neo, lol.

dukula, 10/4/2018, 9:50 pm NST
Inkpot, I'm actually 100% calm, but thanks for the concern about me needing to "cool my jets". Not once was I being hostile, but I'm sorry you read it that way.

Didn't realise my response also cut off, but oh well.

My points are perfectly valid, if anything, you're the one who needs to cool down because you seem to think social media is "stomping all over the smallest things".

Not once did I respond as though you personally attacked me, I simply explained why I thought you were wrong. If you're going to post a comment like that, of course it's going to get responses.

maggma99, 10/4/2018, 10:49 pm NST
Candy looks nice, but Custard... Oh man, it's really bad. It looks more like someone used an unhardened cement paint brush.

inkpot, 10/4/2018, 10:52 pm NST
@dukula:
i didn't need your "valid points" when someone just above you explained to me perfectly well the situation... heck, even the first half of your first post, before you decided to write to me, explained the hypocrisy of the outfit. can you tell me how exactly your second post was necessary? other than just being rude? insinuating i live on a live on a different planet or am ~deluding myself~?

cat, 10/4/2018, 11:43 pm NST
The Nun outfit is a bit of an odd choice given restrictions on discussing religion. On the other hand it's probably from The Nun.

1jediboy, 10/5/2018, 2:50 am NST
@cat
Imitates Ramond Barone: Hence... the hullabaloo.

dukula, 10/5/2018, 5:23 am NST
Inkpot, the second part responds directly to your insinuation that religion is one of the "smallest things". You initially posted an insult towards people who wanted the nun imagery removed, and then when someone responded to you in a way that you didn't like, you claim the comment wasn't needed. Interesting that you don't see the irony in that.

doomdesire5, 10/5/2018, 9:54 am NST
Custard looks like it more of made of sand than Custard but I love the candy Grarrl!

stormmonarch, 10/5/2018, 6:34 pm NST
I think the inspiration for the outfit was from the recent movie and TNT did not think about religious connotation when creating the outfit. And I think people are really oversensitive about this. Have you seen people cosplay as nuns for Halloween? Why is Christmas theme allowed on the site? If I put Christmas clothes on a zombie or snot pets, am I being religiously insensitive?

reconnection, 10/7/2018, 3:33 pm NST
idk about you guys but that just looks like a lowercase T to me *shrugs*

• Curled Blue Wig Curly White Wig Bottled Candle Foreground