New Dyeworks

A new batch of Dyeworks have been added to the NC Mall! These will only be available until January 28th.

» View Our Dyeworks Guide «

stories2btold, 01/4/2018, 12:48 pm NST
Did no one inform them christmas was last week...? Why not pick more winter type items?

purplebin, 01/4/2018, 1:10 pm NST
Thanks to double Dyeworks model points (and lots of morphing potions) I have over 100k points now and a very shiny new trophy!

dave - JN Staff, 01/4/2018, 3:59 pm NST
Congrats @purplebin! :O

rosiethorns88 - JN Staff, 01/4/2018, 5:46 pm NST
Congrats! Modeling Mastah!

1jediboy, 01/4/2018, 5:49 pm NST
Sadly, the Baby Mop Wig didn't get new colors.
That would've looked so cute in pink! Especially if the hair went over their eyes.

greyfever, 01/4/2018, 10:17 pm NST
I love the pink colour on both dresses!!

crazybeans, 01/5/2018, 1:33 am NST
Oh boy, I was and am not ready for these. T_T

The dyeworks are lovely though ^^

mavegibson, 01/5/2018, 11:40 am NST
It's annoying they colored the whole cookie and not just the decorations on it. It doesn't really look like a cookie anymore. If they'd just changed the decorations it would be much more appealing.

Why are people so immune to subtlety? *sigh*

cat, 01/5/2018, 1:01 pm NST
Agreed, they should have left the gingerbread men gingerbread colored and just changed the color of the icing/candy buttons.

Other than that everything's lovely, I particularly like the cherry blossoms.

purplebin, 01/5/2018, 7:25 pm NST
I don't mind the iced gingerbread cookies, but more pastel colors would have been better. Pink and yellow and pale green, maybe.

purplebin, 01/5/2018, 7:32 pm NST
Oh, and I just noticed that the dyed gingerbread cookies are zoned as left hand when the original is right hand, and they are held differently.

mavegibson, 01/6/2018, 12:22 pm NST
I wouldn't mind them either if they looked iced in red, blue, green. They don't though. They look dyed in red, blue and green. As though someone was heavy-handed with putting food coloring on the batter. It looks really unnatural.

I would prefer if they had changed the color of the decorations, although you're absolutely right - they would look fine as they are if the colors chosen were really muted pastels.

Interesting about the zone change. does this mean you could theoretically be holding two cookies in one hand?

purplebin, 01/6/2018, 1:06 pm NST
Yes, you can hold a dyed cookie and the original cookie in one hand, and the original peeks out from behind a little because it leans over a bit more, or if it's sitting in a basket it sits behind the dyed one. Although it's very different for each pet. With some you can see both easily, and with others they are overlapping more. On some pets they even look like different sizes.

dave - JN Staff, 01/6/2018, 6:19 pm NST
Odd that not all of these new Dyeworks items have the coat hanger icon.

topaz644, 01/6/2018, 6:43 pm NST
JS seems to understandably confuse right and left hand. Old tnt always did it from our perspective. Js tends to do it from the pet perspective.

Several hand helds they've made can be held simultaneously in the right hand.

Zones are just a mess and always have been. It all needs to be revamped. After flash I suppose we can say goodbye to almost everything though.

topaz644, 01/6/2018, 6:46 pm NST
I want to there like one thing they can do to save it all? I don't think so. Why hasn't even one game been converted to html5? Fashion Fever even?

mavegibson, 01/6/2018, 8:36 pm NST
Yeah, what's going to happen with all of that? I really hope they develop a new system for managing customization. I've always hated that I can't have everything I own in my closet. I have thousands of items. It's annoying to have to juggle around to make the stupid customization app work.

dave - JN Staff, 01/7/2018, 8:15 am NST
@topaz644: (Most) games are likely not to be converted. "Converted" means completely re-engineering the game from the ground up, and given the output of content over the past couple of years, I don't see many (if any) of the traditional games getting redone in that manner.

Customisation would actually be a bit easier to revamp and with the tools out there, they could probably do it in a somewhat automated fashion. But it also requires completely redoing the Customisation app and the Neopet display module (aka what shows your pet on your lookup).

marfbear, 01/8/2018, 3:19 am NST
Speaking of closets, I've always wanted the search categories to be more practical.

cat, 01/9/2018, 6:05 pm NST
I think there are tools out there for converting flash games into HTML, but Dave's right that converting them to be usable on mobile means not just converting them into HTML but also modifying the controls to work with touch-screen devices.

• Kaia Inspired Skirt Ombre Braided Wig Illusionary Background