Pick a New Paint Brush!

UPDATE: The winner has been announced, with Candy taking the lead! Marble was in 2nd, and Floral came out last.

As promised, Jumpstart has released a poll asking for which new colour(s?) that Elephantes will receive. The options include Marble, Candy, and Floral.

Marble (runner-up!) | Candy (winner!)

Floral (last place!)

Vote Now »

unfree, 02/16/2017, 5:01 pm NST
yikes I'm torn!

Marble and Candy look SO GOOD! But Floral is so detailed and I teach floriculture and also the options are ENDLESS for other neopets even though it looks like they went a tad overboard here.

dang. *votes all of the above*

1mimi290, 02/16/2017, 5:09 pm NST
I went with Candy. I almost went Marble, but then I was like, "But I like Chocolate so much that Im sure Candy will be just a sweet to customize with"

dogslover123, 02/16/2017, 5:38 pm NST
Woah, the last time there was one of this was when the Tartar paint brush thing was in votation O:

marfbear, 02/16/2017, 5:57 pm NST
Having trouble deciding between marble and candy.

With marble I think we'd get mostly the same pattern but different colors. But with candy, there are so many different kinds that's it's hard to imagine what they might come up with.

taxidea, 02/16/2017, 5:58 pm NST
Ooh, I really like the marble one.

nimaessa, 02/16/2017, 6:10 pm NST
I choose Candy!

purplebin, 02/16/2017, 6:25 pm NST
It's important to keep in mind that these will be like Woodland, Pastel, and Dimensional, in that each species will be unique and not look like the Elephante we pick.
I haven't decided yet, but I like the subtle details in the candy and also marble. Floral looks more like "textured" to me, and I don't like how they did the Elephante, but I'm sure other species could be really good.

cat, 02/16/2017, 6:50 pm NST
This is really hard, I love marbles and coloured glass IRL and have been pushing for an art glass paint brush for like forever, but on the other hand I also love flowers and that peppermint candy looks so good. Gah, why can't we have them all TNT?

sketch, 02/16/2017, 7:05 pm NST
I'm not a fan of the floral Elephante BUT I do see a lot of potential in it, kind of like how woodland is very unique for different species so I'm hoping it will be the same here ^^

cat, 02/16/2017, 7:09 pm NST
Ah well, I went with Marble.

eliz1bef, 02/16/2017, 7:31 pm NST
I went for candy! The possibilites are all adorable.

Marble seems to be really popular. I like the idea, but I'm not really into the look.

cat, 02/16/2017, 7:48 pm NST
I feel like Marble and Candy are the most popular on the boards right now.

littledolphingirl, 02/16/2017, 8:06 pm NST
I want Candy all three of them make me want to morph my labie in to an elephante lol

misty_s2, 02/16/2017, 8:12 pm NST
I wish they would surprise us by the end saying that all three will become official!

stories2btold, 02/16/2017, 9:12 pm NST
Floral is just a glorified Woodland. Marble will eventually become another Dimensional/Camo.

So Candy must win!!

o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8, 02/17/2017, 12:00 am NST
I wonder if you can vote on your side accounts? there doesn't appear to be any NP awards so...why not?

inkpot, 02/17/2017, 12:05 am NST
chose candy but marble is just as awesome. floral too is great--i love flowers and i think the detail is awesome but something about it just doesn't do it for me.

love that we get to vote though. C: thanks JS.

recklesse, 02/17/2017, 4:29 am NST
I'm guessing candy would always be that eye-watering shade of pink so I'm not too keen on that.

Marble and the floral sculpture seem to have more potential for colour and design variations.

chibiaden14, 02/17/2017, 5:55 am NST
I'm not fond of any of them to be honest... We've got woodland, which floral seems like a knock off of. Candy is a knock off of chocolate. And marble is a knock off of the relic. So yea, I wish they'd chosen something different.

asiaxia, 02/17/2017, 6:37 am NST
Aaargh, Candy and Marble are so cute. All I can think about is imagining how cute this would be on an Acara.

I... think I'm gonna go with Marble! Marble is pretty and not a pain to customize (from the looks of it now, anyway).

recklesse, 02/17/2017, 6:58 am NST
Hopefully all the colours will be introduced eventually. They just want us to pick which should be first.

Maybe??

lacrossechik, 02/17/2017, 7:38 am NST
Maybe... except they have done voting in the past and colors not chosen have never been introduced

That being said, I am IN LOVE with the marble, and all the possibilities I'm thinking of sparkling pink granite, blak and white marled stone, etc... every lovely countertop imaginable I really love that idea

lacrossechik, 02/17/2017, 7:39 am NST
*black - whoops! Sorry for the typo.

doomdesire5, 02/17/2017, 8:55 am NST
Voted for Marble but I would have liked to have a Sand(castle) color as a summer equivalent of Snow pets.

themeepit32, 02/17/2017, 10:17 am NST
I would be happy with any of these colours

chocolatjellopudding, 02/17/2017, 12:16 pm NST
I love Candy and Marble so much. In the end, I chose Candy, but would LOVE if they did a Marble one as well.

As for the Floral, I don't like how "lumpy" the pet can look. Plus it seems similar to adding clothes like 8Bit does at times, which is just silly to me.

oohuguhoo, 02/17/2017, 12:40 pm NST
ugh, just terrible. all of them... going with marble, I think... probably most pets will be quiet bad, but the candy is way to pink. (although the texture is pretty great)

lokaula, 02/17/2017, 4:30 pm NST
Was tossed between Candy and Marble, but Candy it is!

melinda_kacheek, 02/17/2017, 5:19 pm NST
I went with Marble. Floral looked too grainy at least on my computer while Candy would be too restrictive.

I will be interested in seeing other versions of Candy and Floral though on other pets. Potential for all are endless!

1jediboy, 02/17/2017, 7:10 pm NST
I'm eating a cookie right now... I chose candy.

snoooopy445, 02/17/2017, 9:15 pm NST
Can you imagine customizing with Candy? The color clash is too much for my mind to grasp. For customization, I think maybe Marble might be a lot better. Marble it is.

43456, 02/18/2017, 6:36 am NST
Omg Candy is so cute and well made!

chesu - JN Staff, 02/18/2017, 11:46 am NST
I am all about that Marble!

firenrocks, 02/18/2017, 8:38 pm NST
When I first saw the small picture of Floral I thought it was a pinata. Now that would be a cool color. :b I guess its really more like a parade float. Candy could have potential: but if every species is just going to be NEON PEPPERMINT, it`s a no go. Marble could be a great, textured base, but I don`t really like how it was executed on the Elephante at least. Well, I guess I know which one I like best of the options though...

sketch, 02/18/2017, 9:20 pm NST
I think marble is meant to be the glass sphere, not stone-based, since you can see the Elephante is slightly transparent with the stripes on the other side

kitkatmeeoow, 02/19/2017, 8:24 am NST
I voted for Candy, I think it has the most potential of adding some unique looks and still looks pretty sweet.

I am scared marble will end up like some of their other brushes (electric, eventide, maractite) which start out looking awesome, but eventually since the color is just a set pattern, they end up looking all too alike in my opinion. With candy, you can give them all at least a little individuality like they do when they add some clothes, flowers or moss to certain neopets.

At first glance, I loved the floral one most because it also reminded me of a pinata which would be an awesome color with lots of interesting directions you could go with it, but as floral, I don't think it works as well. They do have a pretty good track record for making good looking pinatas though.

I am not sure why, but seeing the pinata one also reminded me of a toy and makes me want to see an action figure/toy paint brush (the uni could be a customization version of a rocking horse for exam

surferaj, 02/19/2017, 10:41 am NST
I voted for Floral because it's different and would look nice for Elephantes that do not choose to wear any clothing.

jawsch, 02/19/2017, 10:56 am NST
Voted Floral because I feel like it has the most potential to be really interesting on other species.

chloe685, 02/19/2017, 1:39 pm NST
I voted floral because I feel like it has the most potential for variation like others are saying.

But, I wish they did the marble like the actual black/white/grey stone pattern, I feel like that's trendy right now and classic and could have looked really cool and a great neutral option instead of the colorful glass marble theme.

vaporesque, 02/19/2017, 3:02 pm NST
I voted marble.

Natural marble comes in greens and reds as well. The mundane streaked white is just the most common. High end abodes trend unique, unless they are primarily for resale.

I am biased, though, as I live in a unique stone quarry area.

cat, 02/19/2017, 5:10 pm NST
Neopets usually get 2 new colours for their pet day, but Elephantes got none at the time and when asked TNT said it was because they wanted to add new brushes. To me that strongly suggests that at the very least the top 2 of these will be used as the Elephante Day colours and become new brushes.

As for #3: its fate might depend on how close its score is to the 2 winning colours. If it's really close they'd be more likely to make it into a PB too, whereas if it receives a lot less votes it's more likely to be scrapped like Tartan was.

I'm pretty sure the Marble is meant to be the glass sphere, since it is slightly transparent and you can see what look like bubbles inside it.

ummy - JN Staff, 02/19/2017, 10:43 pm NST
I honestly think Tartan was a joke. I just can't see that ever being a thing.

skiasma, 02/20/2017, 12:23 am NST
See, I'd assumed that the marble wasn't the rock type marble but the game marbles. It's see-through in the trunk. So I'd expect other colours, maybe with the clear glass twists you get in some.

The floral looks very float-like. But what happened to the gem in the headpiece?

And the candy? Looks like the old-fashioned ribbon candy my grandmother had out for xmas. You know, the kind that gets covered in dust because everyone would rather eat mince pies? I do love the peppermint humbug in the headpiece!

I voted for the marble in the end. Some of the possible colours and patterns could be great fun.

vaporesque, 02/20/2017, 12:49 am NST
Glass marble would likely be the cheap,modern game marbles then, which is disappointing.

Unless they were to include collectible quality, and this is no where see-through enough, I think marble will be much more like candy.

@skiasma Funny, my family is just opposite. I have 20+ year old jars of mince because Grandad died ... and was the only one who wanted mince pie! We go through 5 containers of O-Fs each holiday season.

malakhserpentis, 02/20/2017, 4:04 am NST
TNT needs to focus on completing the paint brush sets we Already have, rather than trying to put out yet Another UGLY paint brush.

themeepit32, 02/20/2017, 8:46 am NST
Floral has the most potential

recklesse, 02/20/2017, 12:14 pm NST
TNT needs to focus on completing the paint brush sets we Already have
----------

Aisha is only missing Stealthy and Water. What do they do after that?

Shoyru is only missing Biscuit, Clay, Custard, Swamp Gas and Water.

Kougra and Blumaroo are missing 7 colours, Cybunny and Acara 6.

They could stop releasing new colours on pet days I guess, but there would be complaints.

cat, 02/20/2017, 2:52 pm NST
@ummy - I would have thought Tartan was a joke, but then again Adam and Donna thought the Xweetok was an ugly pet so who knows.

TNT needs to focus on completing the paint brush sets we Already have
---
Some pets are running out of colours. Besides, none of these colours are that bad, I mean sure they could have given the Elephante Clay and Relic and called it a day but it's nice to have a change, you know? Plus for every person saying they want TNT to just stick to filling out the existing PBs there's like 2 people on the boards saying they want new PBs.

dave - JN Staff, 02/20/2017, 3:38 pm NST
I think the problem is less of a debate around whether there should be new PBs or not, and should instead be on we should get new pet colour options more than just once a year.

od13666, 02/20/2017, 3:43 pm NST
Couldn't decide in time... But I really want Floral to win, since the headgear is different. And/or Marble (since we used to have some marble glass balls). The Candy example clashes with customization, but Candy does have potential. All three should be made into paint brushes!

sp4de, 02/20/2017, 4:53 pm NST
Really want Marble. Wish I could have voted but ya know... they closed the voting too early. -._-.

topaz644, 02/20/2017, 6:24 pm NST
I don't believe I'll ever paint a pet any of those colors but I gotta say the comparisons of Floral to parade floats make me giggle a lot

skiasma, 02/20/2017, 7:42 pm NST
@vaporesque- I live in the UK. I'd eat mince pies year 'round if I could (and be round because of them, ha!)

I'm hoping for nice looking glass marbles, though I admit, it would be amazing if they'd do the rock version. Any which way, all three choices are lush and well textured. Hoping that whatever they pick, the Hissi gets the new colour this year. (also, Stealthy. I've been waiting ages. :cry

cat, 02/20/2017, 9:08 pm NST
@dave - Yeah things did work better when they had random days every so often when they introduced new colours. Of course, they weren't always good about giving the colours to the pets that most needed them (the ones that are farthest behind).

Mostly I think it's an issue of people wanting a specific unreleased colour combination, where people who want a specific unreleased colour (like Stealthy Elephante) are more likely to protest them adding new colours and so decreasing the likelihood of their hoped for combo occuring, whereas people that want new brushes are probably the ones who aren't looking forward to any of their pets' unreleased colour options.

pikachu315111, 02/20/2017, 10:50 pm NST
Is Neopets down/very laggy for anyone else?

tabbysam, 02/20/2017, 10:57 pm NST
It is for me. I just looked here and decided to click the Snowager link... Oh well, too much lag.

panthera_alba, 02/20/2017, 11:16 pm NST
I have no idea if I collected my bank interest or not. I gave up because nothing loads. ARGH.

vaporesque, 02/20/2017, 11:31 pm NST
Neo has been rollercoasty for hours.

Someone on reddit was fine with Edge but not Chrome I do best with fresh links, as I got one pet fed using four different foods once (not one worked twice, not even out of sequence!?!).

recklesse, 02/20/2017, 11:31 pm NST
Neopets.com is DOWN for everyone.
It is not just you. The server is not responding...

Seems to be down for everyone (or at least extremely laggy). Hope we won't get yet more Captchas to compensate.

pikachu315111, 02/20/2017, 11:55 pm NST
Looks like its back up!

stories2btold, 02/21/2017, 11:34 am NST
Yay, Candy won, rightfully so!

dolchay, 02/21/2017, 2:37 pm NST
Ewwww candy

cat, 02/21/2017, 3:15 pm NST
Aww, too bad, but I still hope they do Marble too.

o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8, 02/21/2017, 4:19 pm NST

they have both Paint Brushes!

fenix, 02/21/2017, 4:29 pm NST
Yay! Glad that we got both Candy and Marble. I'm glad floral didn't win, cause we already have Woodland; floral would be super redundant.

od13666, 02/21/2017, 5:25 pm NST
Thank god they're still doing Marble at least. Candy's paintbrush is... unique
Aww, no Floral! Floral looks like a Flower Parade look, but the Woodland Uni already has flowers, so...
The paintbrushes themselves look like the Elephante examples released. (That doesn't mean all the pets for which this colour will release will look the same though.)

morganjoisle, 02/21/2017, 7:25 pm NST
@od13666: Ooh, they're still doing Marble? I do think that marble is rather pretty.

Candy's pretty, but it reminds me too much of Petpet Park and the candy chateau.

o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8, 02/21/2017, 8:14 pm NST
well, typically they have 2 colors per pet day so it would make sense they do the top 2

I was checking for images after the poll closed but didn't find anything until I saw the update note for this that I found both PB images

cat, 02/22/2017, 2:19 am NST
Man I am so glad to see that Marble Paint Brush, hopefully it gets some good variations (Marble Shoyru plz).

@morganjoisle - well Petpet Park did have that Candy Cane color bottle, which was actually pretty ugly since it was just solid red and white stripes, the Neopets version with the little details and variations in the striping looks much better.

cat, 02/22/2017, 2:29 am NST

Candy Paint Brush is now listed in the Rainbow Pool under all brushes.

recklesse, 02/22/2017, 5:20 am NST
They've taken it off again. I don't see it there.

jrayeb33, 02/22/2017, 6:37 am NST
Man, they're all beautiful!! I hope Marble will someday exist, but Candy looks stunning!

lacrossechik, 02/22/2017, 8:11 am NST
I just want to go on record as saying I was very fond of Tartan

o_ya_toe_knee_is_gr8, 02/23/2017, 4:48 am NST
Rainbow Pool has been updated for Elephante and both Candy Paint Brush and Marble Paint Brush have been added to the Brushes page. They are searchable on the SSW so they are most likely activated?

• Combatant Kougra Top Combatant Kougra Pants Combatant Kougra Dagger