★ NC Event: NC Kidnapping Caper
A new NC Mall event has started: the NC Kidnapping Caper! Purchase 1-3 Case Files (700NC each) to participate.
View our NC Kidnapping Caper guide! »
An overview of the FAQ of the event:
An overview of the FAQ of the event:
- What is the NC Kidnapping Caper?
The NC Kidnapping Caper is a new NC Mall event where you help solve a mystery and earn NC item prizes. To get started, there are three files waiting with clues for you to work on. The three files are: Suspects, Hideouts and Methods. Choose one, two, or all three of the files from the NC Mall to hold all the items you'll need to go find. As a reward for finding clues each day, you'll earn an NC item prize. Please note that each part of the mystery will require its very own file.
- What is the duration of the NC Kidnapping Caper?
The NC Kidnapping Caper event will run from May 19th to May 25th. You can participate any time within that period by purchasing one or more of the 3 case files in the NC Mall.
- Why do clues have different colours around them?
The clues have different colours around them to help you indicate which part of the case each clue is associated with. Below is the colour breakdown for the different parts of the case:
1. Suspects - Yellow
2. Hideouts - Blue
3. Methods - Green
- How do I know which clue to look for today?
Check your case file on the hub page. When a clue is available to search for, you will be able to click on the "view hint" link.
- Will I be able to join the case and solve clues on days that have passed?
Yes, you will be able to join the case and solve clues on days that have passed. Simply click "view hint" from the case file list to start.
- I found a clue hidden in Neopia, why can't I collect it?
You must have the case file that corresponds to that clue activated in order to pick up any prizes you see hidden around Neopia. Visit the hub page and activate a file to see the clue list.
- Is there a bonus prize for participating in the NC Kidnapping Caper?
Why yes, yes there is. There are three chances at a bonus NC item prize with this event shown below:
1. Activate a case file within the first three Neopian days of the event. There will be three bonus NC items.
2. Solving a part of the mystery by completing a whole case file. Once you've finished that particular file, you'll have the option of choosing a bonus item from a selected list of items. Yay!
3. Solving the entire case with all three files. For being fantastic, you get one more bonus prize. Enjoy!
- Is there a time limit for accepting my daily reward prize?
Yes, once the event ends on May 25th at 11:59 PM NST, you will no longer be able to find clues for NC item prizes.
- Can I give a case file to another user?
Yes, case files are like any other NC item and are giftable via NC Gift Box (one item per NC Gift Box).
- Can I participate in the NC Kidnapping Caper on my side account(s)?
Yes, you can participate in this event on your side accounts.
- How do I activate my case files?
There are two ways to activate your case files:
1. Visit your inventory. Once in your inventory, click on your case file and select "Activate Case file".
2. If you purchased your case file from the NC Kidnapping Caper page you can activate it right after purchase. Once you see the confirmation page simply click the "Open Case file" button and confirm the opening of your case file.
- How do I purchase case files?
There are two ways to purchase your case files:
1. Visit the NC Mall.
2. Visit the NC Kidnapping Caper to purchase one or more of the 3 case files. Once you purchase your case file, be sure to activate it before joining the case!
- I'm trying to activate additional case files, why isn't working?
Have you already activated a case file for that particular part of the case? You will only be able to activate and hunt for clues and prizes for each part once per account.