Pteri Day Roundup

In honour of Pteri Day, a new colour is now available:

Pastel

It looks like the inspiration for this colour was suggested by user parody_ham: the Coracias caudatus, or lilac-breasted roller. (Thanks to 1jediboy and nefarity for pointing this out!)

Or, if the Fire Pteri isn't fiery enough for you, try the new phoenix wearables:

okay that’s adorable πŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯ΊπŸ₯Ί
by bolimdechuva on November 8, 2021 4:59 PM NST

that outfit is almost an entire colour on its own
by riftclaw on November 8, 2021 5:05 PM NST

Ight now this is metal as heck
by serpentshrine on November 8, 2021 5:08 PM NST

I like that the Pastel Pteri has feathers!
by purplebin on November 8, 2021 5:29 PM NST

"Coracias caudatus for the basis of a Pastel Pteri?"

Parody_Ham suggested this colour!
πŸ‘πŸ˜„ πŸ‘πŸ˜„ πŸ‘πŸ˜„ πŸ‘πŸ˜„ πŸ‘πŸ˜„

It's so beautiful and creative!
by 1jediboy on November 8, 2021 5:40 PM NST

Ooh, Pteris have feathers now. Fascinating.
by alli_draggy on November 8, 2021 6:08 PM NST

Pastel Pteri, eh, is OK I guess, but the Phoenix Pteri outfit is just fabulous!
by contessa on November 8, 2021 8:37 PM NST

Oh, my, GAWD!!! That Pastel Pteri is so cute it brings out my inner fangirl (Even though I'm a demiboy)!!! Phoenix costume is pretty cool, but a bit... overboard, IMO.
by maggma99 on November 8, 2021 8:43 PM NST

I’m here for all the details omg. The feathers?! Amazing!
by surferboard_girl on November 8, 2021 9:13 PM NST

I think the pastel is like...so close to really great, but I just can't quite get over how weird the feathers on top of the wing look. I still kind of like it, but it's just...so strange to me to base it on a real bird and then kind of ignore its anatomy? Especially when the big feathers are already present in the outline of the pteri's wing, that they could've followed. IDK, I'm trying not to be too disappointed, but this color could've been SO GOOD. Am I being too picky, as a bird lover? I wouldn't care so much if they hadn't otherwise gone to the trouble to model it after a real bird...
by jaudaran on November 8, 2021 9:26 PM NST

That said, I think the outfit is rad. (And ironically, even so stylized, gets the wings much more right.)
by jaudaran on November 8, 2021 9:28 PM NST

nice! both the color and costume look great!
i like how shiny the pastel eyes are~
by inkpot on November 8, 2021 10:40 PM NST

Ooh, that Phoenix costume is amazing! It reminds me of the Traditional Shenkuu Hissi Costume.

Someone on the neoboards said the Pastel Pteri was based on this: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lilac-breasted_roller
I like the colours, but the feather texture looks a little odd. I like it when they make pet colours based on real animals & it makes me hopeful I'll get my dream realistic Elderly Elephante someday.
by nefarity on November 8, 2021 11:35 PM NST

I'm not a fan of the eyes on the phoenix costume and it could use some more shading overall, especially on the belly. The pastel colour is pretty nice though ^^
by apophis324 on November 9, 2021 12:12 AM NST

The Phoenix outfit reminds me of the cover for Iron Widow. Looks amazing!
by targoefista on November 9, 2021 1:09 AM NST

pastel pteri looks like it should be oil paint with all that detail - i wish they'd have some internal consistency with colors
i get that there are outliers in many colors but this one feels needless

the phoenix set is heckin' cool though, getting some Traditional Shenkuu Hissi set vibes from it
by kamero on November 9, 2021 8:58 AM NST

That outfit though!
by chocolatjellopudding on November 9, 2021 1:20 PM NST

the edited feathers on the tail are so... so not on model. i like the idea, but it just looks really... bad? also, i really do NOT jive with the sudden idea to make things heavily detailed on shading like that without mimicking it on the lineart too. if something's gonna have lots of feathery shading, it should LOOK super feathery!
by vysea_rhone on November 9, 2021 5:11 PM NST

now I am going to have to get a pteri once pet slots are released
by jcdiva7 on November 9, 2021 8:27 PM NST

Personally, I don't care for the feather texture on the Pastel Pteri. No other Pteris have it, and the 3D shading doesn't look right. Wish they had used this color scheme but stuck with the normal 2D shading. Was really looking forward to something better, since it seems we only get one new color per species per year now.
by strangechicken on November 9, 2021 10:17 PM NST

Caro!!
by princess_zelda_ on November 9, 2021 11:55 PM NST

I am tempted to paint my boi now, that's amazing
by themeepit32 on November 10, 2021 7:44 AM NST

That set of Phoenix wearables seems destined for my HP themed side account!
by claytonskitten on November 10, 2021 7:58 AM NST

The detail is nice, still don't like the newer art. Wish it was still the old art. The old poses. It would look so much better.
by infernodragon02 on November 10, 2021 9:07 PM NST