Zombie Vandagyre

To celebrate Halloween, a new Vandagyre colour has been released!

Zombie

In general it is nice but someone needs to understand that feathers don't have bones like that. It has a joint in it - does that mean Vandagyres have articulated tail feathers? O_o
by herdy on November 1, 2021 3:10 PM NST JN Staff

@herdy Omg. Are... Are Vandagyres suddenly far more alarming now???
by dadylman on November 1, 2021 3:14 PM NST

Maybe all this time those 3 tail feathers were actually full on tails 🤔

Errors aside, I really adore this extremely metal direction they've been going with zombie pets
by serpentshrine on November 1, 2021 3:49 PM NST

This is disturbing and I don't like it.
by 1jediboy on November 1, 2021 3:55 PM NST

Creepy cool. I like the shaggy green feathers & stitches, even if the skeletal parts are weird (not as weird as the transparent buzz). But I wish they'd finish the Halloween pets.
by nefarity on November 1, 2021 4:32 PM NST

Another year without a Halloween lutari
by sketch on November 1, 2021 4:50 PM NST

Interesting that they would release this now, with Vandy day being less than two weeks away! Curious to see what color we will get then. This one's pretty cool looking, for a Zombie ^^ I have to agree the bone in the feathers is weird, though, lol.
by biediep on November 1, 2021 5:16 PM NST

This on top of that new NC markings item with the insects and worms crawling out ... I'm gonna be sick
by sacanth on November 1, 2021 6:09 PM NST

Was wondering where the "halloween" colour was. Only three pets without halloween left so I can see why they went with zombie instead, and esp Vandagyre, but IMO the more colours that are available to all pets the better.
by nimbus_2222 on November 1, 2021 8:29 PM NST

This feels less "zombie" and more "discarded plushie" IMHO. The idea is cool, the execution just kind of falls flat.
by surferboard_girl on November 1, 2021 8:38 PM NST

Wished they also gave it some clothes. Ooh, being the Vandagyre are *vaguely* Asian-inspired, they should have made it a Jiangshi!
by pikachu315111 on November 1, 2021 9:09 PM NST

If they make a Transparent Vandagyre, they better follow suit and give us tail bones!!
by lintymilk on November 1, 2021 9:15 PM NST

The colors are terrible. What happened to the aesthetically pleasing pale blue-grey that all the other zombie pets use?

Very disappointing. I had hopes for this color's eventual release...
by mavegibson on November 1, 2021 9:17 PM NST

i've never liked zombies in general (like even in rl), and although i preferred the more "tame" zombie looks i realize i really don't have much a right to say anything as i'm clearly not their target audience.

i hope ppl who are more into ~creepy aesthetics~ can appreciate this vanda.

i was however really hoping to see a halloween lutari. i really wanted a werewolf or dracula inspired look for them. ;v;
by inkpot on November 1, 2021 10:48 PM NST

More nightmare fuel from our family friendly friends over at the Neopian headquarters! Suddenly those NFTs don't seem so scary anymore, do they?

@inkpot: I'm with you, honestly. Just because they're zombies, doesn't mean they have to be horrifying, right? *tries to project SFW mental images of Shantae's Rottytops*

Also.. why couldn't they have released this colour on Saturday, so they weren't super late to the party? Again?
by apophis324 on November 2, 2021 12:47 AM NST

Ah, I love Vandagyres...zombies, not so much. I've got my fingers crossed for Island or Royal colors for Vandagyre day.
by yllaille on November 2, 2021 6:07 AM NST

Becase Saturday is on weekend and they have no one releasing stuff. Ofc they could have released it on FRIDAY.

I like this Vanda. Not bad in my eyes. Happy they give Vandas more colours since they have only so few. Hopefully they'll get two new colours on Vanda day
by ducky on November 2, 2021 6:49 AM NST JN Staff

Birds don't have bones in their feathers, but they do have a tail bone. In real birds it's sort of a stump of fused vertebrae, but since the Vanda isn't a real bird or all bird maybe its tail bone is thin. I do find it distracting, though.
by purplebin on November 2, 2021 7:42 AM NST

Okay, anyone else want to make a zombie-fied turkey outta this thing for Thanksgiving or is it just me?
by claytonskitten on November 2, 2021 10:59 AM NST

I never understood the stitches on these zombies. Who's stitching them up? Dr Death?
by topaz644 on November 2, 2021 11:20 AM NST

Good point topaz644! Inquiring minds want to know!
by contessa on November 2, 2021 1:22 PM NST

Might make a good plevent- how the Neo Zombies got their stiches and farther back, how they came to be at all. ooo wee ooo
by topaz644 on November 2, 2021 2:22 PM NST

I would guess any Zombie Neopet would have to get proficient at stitching themselves up pretty quickly. The last thing you'd want is going out for a run and your leg falling off.
by herdy on November 2, 2021 3:20 PM NST JN Staff

When the zombie apocalypse comes, and it will come, these will not scare me.
by roshchodesh on November 2, 2021 4:04 PM NST

Pretty dope
by chocolatjellopudding on November 2, 2021 10:43 PM NST

@ducky: Apologies, that is what I meant. I check the news that gets posted on Fridays on my Saturday mornings, so that's Saturday news for me ^^; For me the news week starts on Tuesday and ends on Saturday.
by apophis324 on November 3, 2021 1:01 AM NST

Wait, you're not celebrating the advent of the banana Slorg?
by galifan on November 3, 2021 9:34 PM NST

^The Banana Slorg deserves their own post! 💛
by 1jediboy on November 3, 2021 11:50 PM NST

@My Heathen Sister.....the zombie apocalypse will come and we will be ready!
by baxterb on November 4, 2021 10:59 AM NST

Went to go paint a banana slorg and yellow petpet pbs jumped up in price from 200k to 900k — and just last week!! 😭 These people must be psychic.
by dadylman on November 4, 2021 12:41 PM NST

Feathers do not work that way
by themeepit32 on November 5, 2021 5:56 AM NST