UPDATE: See TNT's response here.

It's been quite a weekend.

All of us here at Jellyneo would like to say one thing: thank you.

Thank you for the outpouring of support we saw from all Neopians who came together to say #NoNeoNFTs with us. Our blackout was only initially planned as a splash page across Jellyneo, but y'all took it to the next level and we loved to see it. 💚

In particular, we'd like to give a shout out to the following Neopets fan communities that joined in to say #NoNeoNFTs with us:

Dress to Impress
NeoMerch
Neostocks.info
Neofood.club
The Old Battledome
Omneo
Truth: it is what it is

And that's only what we came across this past weekend! The list above represents a massive chunk (if not all) of the Neopets community—the only thing you might find as much consensus on is about bringing Key Quest back!

What's Next?
With a fresh week upon us, we will continue to press Neopets to cancel the Metaverse project and say #NoNeoNFTs. We'll also continue to call out the Neopets Metaverse team for their unprofessional behaviors that continue to drag the Neopets brand down. (We know there will be more!) We encourage you all to keep sending your feedback to Neopets, whether it be on social media or the Neoboards.

Our landing page, jellyneo.net/nfts, will remain online for the foreseeable future, and you can always get there by clicking the banner at the top of most Jellyneo pages.

We will continue to update the page above with new developments, along with sharing those updates right here on the front page of Jellyneo.

Thank you again to everyone who took a stand this weekend—now go feed your Neopets.

🚨 WARNING 🚨: Due to unprecedented demand for our free adoptable NFTopets (blockchain and crypto free!) we need to take extreme measures. Over 140,000 NFTopets have been "minted" so far, and unfortunately our NFTopets server is going out of business. We're pulling a Neopets CryptoQuest, as it were! All NFTopets will be deleted on October 31, 2021. Sorry! If you have one you particularly like, make sure to "right click and save as"—which you can do for free to keep your NFTopet forever.

In the meantime, make sure to mint one and slap it on your lookup or in your shop!

Didn't get an NFTopet? Never fear, you can "mint" yours at jellyneo.net/nfts:

Thanks for all your work covering and campaigning for the end of this project! I'm going to continue my boycott until Neo fixes this, and I'm going to keep on voicing my concerns to their socials.
by petrichorcrown on October 11, 2021 10:57 AM NST

I've actually been blocking the neopets site domains on my computer for over two weeks now, ever since the first announcement was confirmed, but I am glad everyone got together for this on the weekend. Meanwhile I'll just keep myself posted through here and tumblr and reddit to see how this continues to fallout
by sosoeuso on October 11, 2021 11:02 AM NST

I’ve never been prouder of Neopets users.
by herdy on October 11, 2021 11:15 AM NST JN Staff

Thank you for doing all you have been and are continuing to do! I really think that the “hateooor” post was in response to what you’ve been doing here which tells me that they hear us and are scared! I am hopeful that if we keep pushing that this nft project won’t get far off the ground!
by tpandai on October 11, 2021 11:16 AM NST

Thank you fellow hateoooors!
Jokes aside, I'm so happy to have JN as a platform to make our voices be heard. And I'm sorry for my pets but I'm only feeding them when this thing gets cancelled. They need to show they're not happy about this.
by thecrazyoo on October 11, 2021 11:23 AM NST

Thank you Jellyneo for organizing this and being a voice for the players! As sad as I am over this entire debacle, I don’t think I’ve ever seen the community so united, and I’ve been around for 17 years at this point. if nothing else, it’s good to be able to stand in solidarity with each other.
by fihyn on October 11, 2021 11:35 AM NST

I agree, fihyn - even in the sadness, we can see that we're not alone. People who still love Neo and what we know it has been and could be are out there, and will continue to hope for a better future.
by suzuka on October 11, 2021 11:44 AM NST JN Staff

Thank you for the info and updates! I just returned this year and I’m very sad to see this happening. I just got the lab map recently, too! What a mess.
by shocktics on October 11, 2021 11:55 AM NST

As horrible as this has been, it's really wonderful to see the community come together like this. Thank you jellyneo for being amazing!
by niossim on October 11, 2021 11:57 AM NST

Thank you Jellyneo! <3
by protovolve on October 11, 2021 12:29 PM NST

make sure to "right click and save as"
^Made me laugh harder than it should have

Thank you Jellyneo, and thank you to everyone who participated in the Blackout. It's so amazing to see everyone work together. I don't think I've ever seen the Neopets community so unanimous about something and it's pretty amazing.

Honestly, as hard as it was for me to stay away from Neo for a whole weekend after 16 years of not a single hiatus, part of me wants to do this every weekend until they call the whole thing off.

It was really hilarious when they started crying on Twitter.
EVERYONE on Neo is against you, NO ONE wants anything to do with you, and somehow you thought calling us a bunch of uneducated anti-vaxxers was a great business idea, like yea, "that'll teach them to appreciate NFTs and buy from us!" I kinda lost it tbh.
by biediep on October 11, 2021 12:35 PM NST

Thank you Jellyneo and all the real community. What a way to mark my Neopets anniversary today ^^;;
The humour of your 'warning' tho...
Man, I now really wish that the 'secret technique' costume contest entry wins

@biediep: so, did really those puppets dare to call US like that? As I said, I refused to read the post (I have standards to keep you know). Chances are that we (certainly most of us, if not all) are fully vaccinated and they, given their leaning, previous actions and choice of wording, are instead those against it and spreading disinformation.

It's now really all down to a 'we vs them' situation.
by rosi on October 11, 2021 12:54 PM NST

I love how we all put aside our differences to fight the BBEG here.

Not let's hope we don't get TPK'd
by themeepit32 on October 11, 2021 1:01 PM NST

I love you guys! I’m hoping that one day I get off my duff and join you as part of the JN team!

You helped unite the fandom by presenting the FACTS about NFTs and providing a place that allows us to feel heard and respected!

I humbly thank you once more for being some of the best of us!
by 1jediboy on October 11, 2021 1:29 PM NST

JN, you are wonderful!
by sacanth on October 11, 2021 1:34 PM NST

Hey everyone. Long time player here, but lately I've been doing more lurking. Thank you all for going so hard against this NFT scam, with all the "gimmick account breaking character to talk about politics" stuff that the JN Twitter account could muster. I'm currently rethinking my relationship to the site... if nothing else, all of this was a nice wake-up call to let me know that I haven't gotten much enjoyment out of Neo in recent times. Hopefully, all of this will blow over and I'll be back, with actual goals and a desire to communicate with people. In the meantime, keep on keepin' on.
by gordy_777 on October 11, 2021 1:49 PM NST

I need a #hateoooor signature stat
by reconnection on October 11, 2021 2:02 PM NST

11 years ago, a group called Operation Head Pigeons did a mass call-in to try to get Nickelodeon to revive Invader Zim. Nickelodeon had a meeting about it the next day, and it's believed that the only reason it didn't work was because the creator of the show wasn't interested. Maybe we could do that with JumpStart, if anyone can find the right phone number. Alternatively, they do have a fax machine, so we could send them a shit ton of faxes. A machine constantly spitting out faxes from angry Neopets players might get more attention than emails and support tickets.
by melody5697 on October 11, 2021 2:03 PM NST

NOOOO NOT MY NFTOPETS
I hope that they shut down the NFT before it gets TOO bad. My issue is we haven't gotten anything for Eyrie day yet. Normally I would say they were just late, but the timing of it makes me worry that they shut down even color production. And right when my Bori was about to get a new color too
by antimattersofa on October 11, 2021 2:04 PM NST

Melody, that's really interesting. The fax machine would be funny XD
by antimattersofa on October 11, 2021 2:06 PM NST

I plan to do another blackout next weekend and every weekend until this goes away.
by swevin on October 11, 2021 2:08 PM NST

you know there's a mild sabotage technique which involves sending loads of completely black faxes so that the company runs out of ink ^^; I think Anonymous popularised this method.
by rosi on October 11, 2021 2:45 PM NST

@rosi That might actually be illegal. Let's just fax angry letters and screenshots of Neopets Metaverse being horrible. There are free websites for sending faxes. I used one when I signed up for Amazon Mechanical Turk.
by melody5697 on October 11, 2021 2:47 PM NST

Out of curiosity, is there any reason there's no link to the other sites?
by pikachu315111 on October 11, 2021 2:48 PM NST

Oh, but if we do the fax thing, we should coordinate it so we all do it at roughly the same time. I think those free fax sites let you delay the fax.
by melody5697 on October 11, 2021 2:51 PM NST

A big thank you to JN for making this happen. <3 The fight continues to stop NFTs. (And re:140,000 free NFTs, that is amazing).
by parody_ham on October 11, 2021 3:14 PM NST

Thank you for the warning and why don't people understand this?
by deedee60 on October 11, 2021 3:51 PM NST

Is there anywhere we can post the free mints? I want to show off my clearly drunk and high quiggle in a dress that I received. Though I just screenshot it.

Thank you for the blackout though! I refused to go to the Neopets site as well. Not really hard considering the only thing that's fully functional that I do on there is the Secret Lab.
by anomally on October 11, 2021 4:26 PM NST

I'll echo what Herdy said: I am so proud to be part of this community right now after seeing so many people join so happily in this protest. You all are amazing <3.
by i_love_latin on October 11, 2021 4:44 PM NST JN Staff

Thank you, JN! I'm also very proud of be a part of the Neopets community.
by earthling on October 12, 2021 10:54 AM NST