More Neopet Colours Converted to HTML5

We reported just last week that TNT had finished converting 34 more Neopet colour combos to HTML5, and that there were about 17 left that we were waiting on. Well, less than a week later, we're happy to report that most of the remaining have been converted to HTML5:

Woodland Chia
Mutant Draik (minor fixes)
Maraquan Eyrie
Chocolate Koi
Steampunk Koi
Clay Kougra
Baby Nimmo
Mosaic Scorchio
Transparent Uni (minor fixes)
Mosaic Uni
Custard Usul (minor fixes)
Invisible Usul
Toy Usul
Mosaic Usul
Electric Vandagyre
Starry Vandagyre

We are still waiting on HTML5 conversions (or minor fixes) for these 2 colour combos:

Mutant Korbat (minor fixes) Fixed 4/19
Candy Shoyru

As an additional note, we have never seen a Toy Elephante (modeled, and confirmed converted!), Toy Gelert (modeled, and confirmed converted!), or Clay Tonu modeled in our Wardrobe, so we can't report on the status of those colour combos. If you know the name of a Neopet painted one of those 3 colour combos, model it for us!

I've been zapping Tonus on my side accounts to try to get Clay!
by purplebin on April 7, 2021 6:48 PM NST

I wish Neopets would fix the right and left-handed held items for Mutant Poogles. No graphical issues, but instead it can't hold any mutant items.
by powerwingamber on April 7, 2021 8:57 PM NST

@powerwingamber - They can wear handhelds just fine tho?

Just like all special pose pets, they can't wear any items released before that color was released (so August 23, 2013) but they can wear the handhelds released since then.

That's not a glitch. It's just a fact of the site for all special pose pets.
by archangel11891 on April 7, 2021 11:23 PM NST

Neo doesn't know it's left from it's right--several items called either left or right appear in the other hand.
by katina_choovanski on April 8, 2021 12:11 AM NST

Wait, what I came to say is Thanks Guys, for converting so much data for us. I appreciate it and miss the reliability of being able to come and look up wearables and see them on pets. So I see your efforts, and appreciate them greatly!
by katina_choovanski on April 8, 2021 12:12 AM NST

Sponge Jetsams still have no default happy face regardless of their happy mood. You can even see it in the Rainbow Pool previews. I'm not sure if that's a minor fix that needs being made aware of but I've written to the editorial about it since seeing all these conversions coming with minor fixes and not seeing those Sponge boys on the list.
by remy on April 8, 2021 12:44 AM NST

I have a problem with one of my pet. I can load and use the customise with my wocky, bruce and mynci but when I load my green Aisha, that is wearing the Christmas PB Aisha shoes, I can't get rid of the gray screen of loading. I have tried to put every clothes off my closet but the problem is still there. I think it depends on the Christmas PB item since she's the only pet who's wearing a PB item. Is anyone else having this kind of problem?
by alessia on April 8, 2021 1:26 AM NST

Really random question, but after a hiatus I find myself back into all things neo, are the Jelly Neo forums no longer?
by leo_star20 on April 8, 2021 1:34 AM NST

Sadly, JN forums are a fond memory of the past.
by debgil on April 8, 2021 3:03 AM NST

@archangel11891 I guess I should have specified that these are Neopoint mutant items. Mutant Staff of Darkness and Mutant Staff of Foulness, respectively.
Both of these items say in their description: 'If your Neopet is not painted Mutant, it will not be able to wear this item.'
Now, my Mutant Jubjub can hold these just fine and they show up in my closet inventory, but when I try to put them on my Mutant Poogle, neither of them show up in the closet inventory (and I did remove them from my Jubjub first).

I know I should probably inform the Neopets staff about this, but I wasn't sure I was the only person with this issue.
by powerwingamber on April 8, 2021 3:42 AM NST

@powerwingamber: Archangel is right. Special pets like mutants, maraquans, babies, etc, and Vandagyres, cannot wear any items that were released before they were - other than backgrounds and the like.

The two items you're concerned with were released prior to the mutant Poogle, so it cannot wear them. That's not a glitch, and not something TNT fix.
by herdy on April 8, 2021 5:25 AM NST JN Staff

@powerwingamber, archangel11891's post actually still explains it; it doesn't matter whether it's NP item or NC item, it matters when it was released.

Mutant Staff of Darkness and Mutant Staff of Foulness were both released on June 21, 2013.
Mutant Jubjub was released way back on October 2, 2003. Sicne it was before these items were made, the items can be worn by Mutant Jubjubs.
Mutant Poogle was released on August 23, 2013. Since that was after these items were made, the items cannot be worn by Mutant Poogles because TNT did not go back to make assets for them.
This is standard for all items/colors, so unfortunately it's not a glitch but a feature For a funny example, Mutant Vandagyres, which were just released last year, can wear the newest Mutant Dyeworks items, but not the original undyed versions. 🤔
by howdareyoufreezeme1 on April 8, 2021 5:28 AM NST JN Staff

@howdareyoufreezeme
the mutant Vandagyre example *is* quite funny, and interesting. Thanks for the trivia!

by roshchodesh on April 8, 2021 12:54 PM NST

@herdy - JN Staff @howdareyoufreezeme1 - JN Staff Oh, sorry. I wasn't aware of the items' dates, so I was a bit confused by the comment. (I'm not as active on Neopets as I used to be.) I understand now, but that's a bummer.
by powerwingamber on April 8, 2021 3:42 PM NST

Is anyone else having problem with only one of their neopets?
by alessia on April 9, 2021 2:12 AM NST

Is Stealthy Gelert still not converted? I can only see DrewBrayJay's eyes when I'm customizing, which makes it really difficult. He isn't invisible, but you'd think he was if you were trying to dress him! None of my other pets have this problem.
by kabamomma on April 9, 2021 7:57 AM NST

@kabamomma: Everything on our end indicates the Stealthy Gelert is HTML5 ready. (All the assets are there.) Might be other problems with the customisation app itself on Neopets.

(Or your Gelert is *really* stealthy... )
by dave on April 9, 2021 2:48 PM NST JN Staff