Festival of Neggs

This year's Festival of Neggs has launched! To begin, click on Kari on the Negg Festival page.

This year, you'll start with a story based quest before getting to the daily negg-finding quests. The first quest you get this year is locating Topsi, who has been hiding for a long time.

For a full rundown of where to go, check out our guide:

Once you have found the first negg, you can return to that same negg location and click Topsi as he pops into view to begin a bonus game of Hide and Seek. Find him hiding on the edges of pages across Neopets 10 more times for a bonus prize. Locations are included on our guide above.

The Festival's NC portion, Dip & Dye Neggs, will be launching at a later date.

Just an fyi that the link to Topsi is broken
by begeorge2424 on April 5, 2021 1:18 PM NST

Just FYI to anyone choosing neggs before the guide is up, I opened a rippling colours negg and got Whirling Colours Globe, a snowglobe. http://images.neopets.com/items/fon_whirllingcolours_globe.gif
by mavegibson on April 5, 2021 1:30 PM NST

void negg gives a void blade battledome item
by neoblade42 on April 5, 2021 1:37 PM NST

I choose the Void Negg and got the book: Navigating the Void
by surferboard_girl on April 5, 2021 1:39 PM NST

I chose the Wild Negg and got ‘Jungle Ruins Background’
by smickyb on April 5, 2021 1:40 PM NST

I saw Topsi on a bunch of pages but didn't know he gave a bonus prize. I don't know how many pages it was, but no prize so far. I hope we don't have to click on him, he disappears quickly!
by purplebin on April 5, 2021 1:40 PM NST

you do need to click on topsi. if you wait he'll pop back out again.
by joe on April 5, 2021 1:45 PM NST

I picked Wild Negg and got a book "Wild Tales"
by themeepit32 on April 5, 2021 1:48 PM NST

You definitely need to click on him! He'll come back on that same page!
by surferboard_girl on April 5, 2021 1:51 PM NST

can you see Topsi even if you have a fountain faerie quest?
by annw on April 5, 2021 2:07 PM NST

oh, someone has helped me out- I can keep the quest and still find Topsi
by annw on April 5, 2021 2:10 PM NST

he appeared for me at the money tree! we find him once a day correct? or is it 10 times a day?
by xmyownhero on April 5, 2021 2:12 PM NST

Has he appeared for anyone at 2 or more locations after beginning the Hide & seek game? I've only seen him at one spot after beginning the game, and I've visited a lot of places people report having seen him.
by terrih on April 5, 2021 2:16 PM NST

It look like for the hide-and-seek portion, we may be able to find him only once a day.
by smickyb on April 5, 2021 2:18 PM NST

You're probably right. The way it's worded made it seem like you could find him 10 times each day for a bonus prize (each day).
by terrih on April 5, 2021 2:21 PM NST

We believe finding Topsi will be 10x over the course of the entire event.

So if you found him one place today, you're probably good for now.
by dave on April 5, 2021 2:24 PM NST JN Staff

I love the new style and layout of the event. It works so smoothly and looks beautiful with the new layout. Props to TNT for also including a story with the event, rather than just another normal negg hunt. I love what they're doing here!
by dreww355 on April 5, 2021 2:25 PM NST

I dont see Topsi at that link
by onwingsofdarkness on April 5, 2021 2:26 PM NST

Boo hiss at this creepypasta FNAF angle they took with Topsi! He was such a cute and friendly little Cybunny. Sad that TNT caved into making him a "creepy" character. How come a character cannot be jubilant without there being a sinister motive behind the smile? What's next? Rosie the Dancing Grarrl having her character repurposed too?!
by maple_snow on April 5, 2021 2:28 PM NST

I got a Chalkboard Negg and got Chalkboard Cookies
by bearlvr on April 5, 2021 2:33 PM NST

@maple_snow: Yes, please.
by herdy on April 5, 2021 2:36 PM NST JN Staff

appeared for me at money tree also.
by missdood on April 5, 2021 2:38 PM NST

@dreww355: Agree, the production quality on this is way up! And with Neovision+ preceding it, I'm rather liking the new stuff TNT has been doing this year.
by dave on April 5, 2021 2:41 PM NST JN Staff

I opened a lady blurg negg and got a super cute Lady Blurg Bag.
by allisonjoy on April 5, 2021 2:46 PM NST

Got the Void Egg and received a Voidberry Cobbler. Then, I began the Hunt for Topsy and found him at the Money Tree.

It appears like he only shows up once per day, so we'll be tracking him down over the course of the next 9/10/however long this event goes.

Speaking of the event, Holy Shit-- Production Quality Increase??? TNT's doing well for itself with its seasonal events thus far!

also, i'm LIVING for the onset Plot for this festival, and hoping that it ties into a Certain Doctor we have not seen in a while now (i wasn't around for either Doctor Sloth plot when they were things, and would be thrilled to be here for one. however, honestly i will be happy to be here for ANY plot, i keep missing them due to bad luck)
by anyahomura on April 5, 2021 2:55 PM NST

I got a Lady Blurg Stamp from a Lady Blurg negg.
by umbra on April 5, 2021 3:00 PM NST

why does Topsi look like he wants to steal my soul and high as a kite?
by jcdiva7 on April 5, 2021 3:08 PM NST

got a Uni Horn Sidewalk Chalk from the Chalkboard Negg!

also, Topsi? you good, man?
by lopiditty on April 5, 2021 3:11 PM NST

(I found topsi at Turdle Racing)

Dear Fyora! He's been hiding under the Rainbow Fountain for a YEAR! Poor baby!

"Is it just me or is Topsi acting strange?"

Strange!? STRANGE!? HE'S BEEN ABANDONED FOR A YEAR!!! HE THOUGHT THAT HE WAS PLAYING A GAME!!! *feels empathetic* Who asked him to play Hide-and-Seek in the first place!?

(Steven Universe The Movie spoilers below):

This is Spinel all over again!
by 1jediboy on April 5, 2021 3:12 PM NST

I found Topsi at the Slushie Shop. :O
by ladyluteia on April 5, 2021 3:13 PM NST

Apparently I don't get to participate if Topsi isn't going to bother to be at the pool.
by novelista on April 5, 2021 3:13 PM NST

He's at the pool hiding behind the log behind the faerie (didn't spot him at first either and was wondering if it was due to unused reward)
by daemonschile on April 5, 2021 3:25 PM NST

Yo elegí el chalk negg y me dio galletas, pero la verdadera novedad está en Brightvale
by caosmuerte on April 5, 2021 3:34 PM NST

I can't find topsi also I have a FFQ painting pending and I dont want to use it just to do this event D:
by trisangum on April 5, 2021 3:36 PM NST

Topsi u okay bro
by trisangum on April 5, 2021 3:37 PM NST

I don't think topsi is ok.
by beyondelsewhere on April 5, 2021 3:41 PM NST

Chalkboard Negg
Oh what a spectacular prize!
Chalkboard Cookies

I also found Topsi at the Money Tree.
by kabamomma on April 5, 2021 3:54 PM NST

It looks like you get the main negg and one additional.
Different locations like kreludor cafe, slushie shop, Money tree.
by sopabolaos on April 5, 2021 4:19 PM NST

lol, Topsi has always been unsettling/creepy

Also, yeah, I really like the dialogue box style this time around. It's pretty nice. Just need to work on the writing quality a little bit more, and maybe add some music as well?
by lasergu on April 5, 2021 4:40 PM NST

I got the Navigating the Void book from the Void Negg and then found him again at the money tree.

Is...is he okay? Who is his emergency contact?
by __miau on April 5, 2021 5:01 PM NST

After I collected my Negg, I noticed the message says: "Wow that magma pool statue sure was heavy, guess Topsi must be stronger than he looks!

What did it say when it was giving you a choice of Neggs to claim?
by pikachu315111 on April 5, 2021 5:09 PM NST

Found my 1/10 Topsi at the Scrollery I think, that or the Brightvale Glaziers. I do not care for the creepiness of that Cybunny!
by faintish on April 5, 2021 5:09 PM NST

I got a Lady blurg Plushie from the lady blurg negg.
by fakeplastictease on April 5, 2021 5:11 PM NST

I got the Lady Blurg Stamp from the Lady Blurg Negg
by berixmaster2010 on April 5, 2021 5:20 PM NST

Magma pool. picked rippling colors negg and got Abstract Mirror
Brillant!
by debgil on April 5, 2021 6:26 PM NST

Also, I have been able to click on 2 Topsi's so far today, so you can do more than 1/day.
by debgil on April 5, 2021 6:32 PM NST

Anyone else get a green check for day one? I thought usually day off checks were gold...
by dillpickles on April 5, 2021 6:39 PM NST

yep got green check
by missdood on April 5, 2021 6:52 PM NST

@dillpickles: All the checkmarks are green this year. They're not differentiating, but apparently there will still be a day-of-release prize at the end.

(This is likely since the event was ported over to the new layout and a new gold checkmark asset wasn't created. Hopefully they fix that, as the gold marker was nice to have.)
by dave on April 5, 2021 8:00 PM NST JN Staff

VOID NEGG VOID NEGG VOID NEGG

seriously i've got a void gallery so it's PERFECT for me
by alli_draggy on April 5, 2021 8:23 PM NST

I have a gold checkmark today - I have collected the negg and completed today's hide and seek
by elhoppo on April 5, 2021 10:20 PM NST

I went to Kari and clicked on her and then went to the magma pool.. No negg.. Anyone know if I forgot something? Anyone else have issues?
by folarah on April 6, 2021 12:12 AM NST

Never mind, I read the guide a little closer again.
by folarah on April 6, 2021 12:15 AM NST

Does Topsi appear in specific places of the pages? I haven't been able to find him in any of the random locations yet (also I did get him at the Magma Pool for the main event; does this prevent me from getting a bonus location as well?)
by aviagua on April 6, 2021 12:18 AM NST

Sooo...I've found Topsy 3 times today and he said I have to find him 7 more times.
Now he doesn't appear at any of the links from the list.
by nacbokmagi on April 6, 2021 1:44 AM NST

What the actual flipping flip?! Who thought it was a good idea to make Topsi look like a freaking zombie on a "child-friendly" game?! He looks terrifying!!
by apophis324 on April 6, 2021 1:49 AM NST

The green checkmark has been changed to gold. Yay for the quick fix
by dreww355 on April 6, 2021 2:28 AM NST

@jcdiva7 omg I was just thinking that Topsi's looking rough this year!
by yasmin_sb on April 6, 2021 3:48 AM NST

idk I find this Topsi aspect really weird but whatever, I've been ignoring Neo lore for a while since it usually makes no sense... case in point.
by bennyw on April 6, 2021 5:45 AM NST

Anyone think it is HIGHLY suspicious he is preoccupied with the Space Faerie being around? I immediately thought of a certain Dr. who would love to have a shot at the Space Faerie. Plus he is acting so weird....
by targoefista on April 6, 2021 7:56 AM NST

@bennyw: Oh you mean like how Mr. Krawley turned up completely out of nowhere to sell his wares to Faeries who totally should know better than to purchase strange potions from stranger strangers? Yeah, I remember fondly how much sense that made...
by apophis324 on April 6, 2021 9:07 AM NST

Any idea when the NC portion of the event will start?
by dtolsen on April 6, 2021 10:48 AM NST

For once in years I'm more excited about the event itself than the NC portion/NP prizes! Really love the creepy twist to that bunny, cannot wait to see how it all unfolds! The interface of the event feels really neat/smooth too.

Also someone posted a screenshot of a Dr. Sloth Twitter account posting something about making a return this Summer... Seeing how the bunny seems to be craving the Space Faerie, maybe we're on the verge of a huge plot...
by mortychichi on April 6, 2021 11:48 AM NST

@nacbokmagi: You're only supposed to find him once per day, so you're good for now!

We recommend only finding him once per day, as that's what's intended.
by dave on April 6, 2021 11:52 AM NST JN Staff

@aviagua: He pops in from the sides of your view! Keep an eye on the edges of your browser.
by dave on April 6, 2021 11:52 AM NST JN Staff

The event' new style is gorgeous! It give me a classic Neopets vibes, although it's new technology. I don't know how to explain - but it get me, definitely. I cannot wait for Daily Dare and maybe some plot. Neopets it's alive and (trying to keep) kicking.
by allanmennezess on April 6, 2021 1:59 PM NST

The art style is absolutely gorgeous this year!

Also I randomly was looking through the image database and found the oldest versions of the site layout--it had been so long, I'd forgotten what it used to look like. But the beta layout seems like a throwback! With the news on the right and the navigation on the left. It's kind of a nice nostalgic moment.
by i_love_latin on April 6, 2021 2:04 PM NST

Wow, they took the Topsy is Springtrap meme seriously this year.
by cat on April 6, 2021 2:20 PM NST

I'm glad they fixed the gold check mark, but why can't they make the negg the same color as the one we selected?
by purplebin on April 6, 2021 3:40 PM NST

whoa, this topsi art is actually new, isn't it? it looks great! most of the art and animations of characters for a WHILE have been reused and/or kind of crummy-looking, but this seems really promising.
i'm intrigued. they're hyping up the festival what with the youtube and the polygon announcement, maybe it'll be something cool.
by sentehisshou on April 6, 2021 6:17 PM NST

hello, has anyone visited brighvale?
There is a Kacheek that says: "This is it! This is how it all ends! I am expected to stop all efforts on my dear, beloved project, and hand over all my work to the king while I face charges for 'insensitive handling of sensitive research 'and' prolonged studies with poor results'. All this, in the kingdom of Brightvale, which claims to be the best place for scholars of every kind! Bah! "
I put together an Experiment Log list, where my Neopets are affected with objects and one can even be a mutant but I don't know how to proceed, only an im sorry appears, please tell me if I am the only one
by caosmuerte on April 6, 2021 6:59 PM NST

^ It is from an older mini-plot that was put up for Brightvale Day and never taken down, you don't need to worry
by rosi on April 6, 2021 7:52 PM NST

I am also very impressed with the new art! Topsi, as well as the new items and neggs! The UI design is nice as well. All in all, TNT has upped their game! If they can keep this up, I will be a lot more optimistic about the site. I know there is still lot more work to be done with fixes and updates to other parts of the site, but hopefully they will make steady pace. I have started to get used to the new layout too. It has some nice aspects.
by firenrocks on April 6, 2021 9:07 PM NST

04/08/2021-the eggs are hidden at the ice cream cart at terror mountain.
by derpstra on April 8, 2021 12:49 AM NST

TigerCatcher just confirmed on instagram that he did the new Topsy artwork.

I'm so glad theyre able to work with him again.
by joe on April 9, 2021 2:40 PM NST

Every time I choose the Void Egg (4x) I get the Voidberry Cobbler. Is this REALLY random? All I want is the book...
by hilary_duff2010 on April 14, 2021 11:56 AM NST