April NC Collectible

The fifth item for the Lost in Space II Collection is now released, and features the Grundo Programmer! This item will only be available during April.

This is the final item for the set so the bonus is also available to those who purchased all five:

The artist clearly missed the memo about Neopet V2
by joe on April 1, 2021 2:26 PM NST

Ya. I am actually kinda disappointed. It kinda misses the neopet elements.
by targoefista on April 1, 2021 2:46 PM NST

@joe: You don't think of jazz hands when you think of Neopet v2?
by dave on April 1, 2021 3:22 PM NST JN Staff

There's no specific confirmation that the thing on that screen is Neopet V2. It's entirely plausible that they'd have different AIs or other programs with similar interfaces - it's not like NEO-DOS has much graphical complexity. Anyway, this looks pretty cool, I actually like that it's less specifically Neopian. Would be great for my software developer Hissi
by alli_draggy on April 1, 2021 7:44 PM NST

@dave you've totally stumbled on a clue to a secret new series launching on neoVision+ - "Dancing with the Pixels"

but no.. trapping children in an elevator because you're sentient AI who is lonely doesn't really make one think about Jazz Hands
by joe on April 1, 2021 9:57 PM NST

I get that it's supposed to look like your pet is typing at the computer like the Grundo in the banner, but for most pets it just covers them up to their neck which hides their outfit.

I appreciate that the bonus BG uses a unique colour combo for a sci-fi setting.

Still waiting for a Virtupets themed wearable that's as cool as the Virtupets Space Station Frame.
by nefarity on April 2, 2021 12:34 AM NST

This series has been awesome, I shoulda bought them all for my zillion space themed pets
by serpentshrine on April 2, 2021 10:42 AM NST