Contest Rules & Schedule
In honor of April, we are hosting our annual Build-a-Species competition! As you probably know by now, we have a crazy species builder in our Wardrobe, which allows you to piece together Neopet body parts, such as an Aisha head on a Poogle body. Our contest is to see who can build the best one!
Last year's first place winner, Nazwrath , by Love
Here's the schedule for the contest:
- April 5th: Entries open. To see how to submit, see below.
- April 12th: Last day to submit an entry.
- April 15th: Voting will open! We'll have you rate all the entries either "Yay" or "Nay".
- April 25th: Last day to rate all the entries!
- April 26th: Results revealed and jnAccount trophies awarded!
Here are a few rules for everyone:
- You may only submit one creation. Make it your best one!
- Give your creation a name before submitting.
- Your creation must be a completely original creation. You obviously cannot submit our "Random Creations" or someone else's work! (If you notice someone not adhering to these rules that we missed--let us know!)
- Do not submit "crosspainted" pets (e.g. a purple Aisha with alien Aisha ears). We want new species, remember!
How to Submit
Follow these steps to submit your entry:
- Log in or register a jnAccount to get started.
- Build your new species of Neopet in our Build-a-Species tool.
- Click on "Save" to save your creation to your jnAccount.
- Make sure your entry follows all of the rules above and that you're happy with it!
- Click on "Submit a Creation", select which one you'd like to submit, and voila! Your entry will be reviewed by JN Staff and put up to a vote.
We have a few jnAccount trophies and trophy cabinets to give away.
- Rate all the entries! You'll receive a jnAccount trophy if you rate all of the entries.
- Enter a pet! If you enter a creation, you'll receive your choice of a new trophy cabinet.
- Winning the vote! We'll be awarding our standard gold/silver/bronze/runner-up trophies to all of the creations who place in the final standings.
And if you'd like some inspiration, check out our 2014 winners!
The Quoggle by frenchy764